Needles in parks...

gismapper

Public service announcement:

Please be very careful when detecting in parks...you could come across one of these needles the hard way...

picture.php

...and end up with an over-inflated ego.
:laughing:

Sorry...had to be done.

Other than that, it was a clad-filled weekend. Added about $9 to the treasure chest and got my son out for a couple hours today. Plus, there's a mansion in my townhouse development that dates back to 1905. The common area around the mansion had produced my oldest wheatie - 1914, and my only barber quarter (too flat to get a date, but it's one of only three barber coins I've found ). They recently cleared out a bunch of brush from behind the mansion, so of course I was out thrashing between the stumps and debris. Nothing amazing yet, but I came up with $1.59, and rescued a 1953 wheat in the process. I need to get rid of the shallow junk and see what else may be lurking.

Enjoy the last of the nice weather. And watch out for needles. Of all types! :lol:

I hunt a lot of soccer fields and come across so many of those needles, I actually keeps and reuse the clean looking ones!

Yep, me too. This one looked pretty good, so I did a few "test pricks" and all seems to be well so far with my health.

Attachments

• IMG_20171017_180817_edit (1).jpg
    IMG_20171017_180817_edit (1).jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 263

Yep, me too. This one looked pretty good, so I did a few "test pricks" and all seems to be well so far with my health.

LOL...to be honest, I saw your post with that pic from the other day...that's what went thru my mind when I saw the needle. I immediately thought of you and how funny my pic would have been with your post.

LOL...to be honest, I saw your post with that pic from the other day...that's what went thru my mind when I saw the needle. I immediately thought of you and how funny my pic would have been with your post.

Ha ha! Awesome! I really hope my needle was "just" an insulin needle and nothing else. Ugh!

I've seen them in the "ghetto" areas. Not very common, but also not uncommon. Usually in wooded parks in the city. Remember to wear gloves and be carefil out there folks, HH!

I've seen them in the "ghetto" areas. Not very common, but also not uncommon. Usually in wooded parks in the city. Remember to wear gloves and be carefil out there folks, HH!

Indeed...it is a serious matter. I wouldn't want my overactive dad joke habit to detract from the real possibility of personal harm. Even just broken glass can wreck you for a while.

Back
Top Bottom