Warning Graphic!!!!!

Porsche914

Elite Member
This is what happens when you have people detecting property without permission.
I saw this on a lot that had just been scraped. Oddly enough I was out looking at the latest sidewalk tear outs that the city is working on.

Attachments

• Resized952018102195150443954623.jpg
    Resized952018102195150443954623.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 638
I have been known to hit a few construction sites before the signs and fences go up. I might have to get me a couple of those signs, just to keep the other detectorists out of my way.

Like others said, could be a liability thing or maybe someone detected without permission (and/or left unfilled holes and trash)

A sign we'd like to see :lol: (looks like Mud spotted the sign first :lol:)
Resized952018102195150443954623a.jpg

What does it say on the back side? If you come in from the north you could detect half the lot before you see the sign

ugh, like garlic to a werewolf...that sign would really bum me out- hope it's not the first of many near you.

Signs! Signs! Everywhere Theres Signs! Messing up the scenery, breaking my mind! Do this, dont do that, cant you read the sign?

A little old sign has no effect for a treasure hunter/warrior! Its not about obeying the sign, its about properly assessing the Risk/Reward potential and Timing!

Here on our Beaches and parks/schools...big official signs all over the place!...No Smoking, No Alcohol, No Dogs, No access without official permission, Park Hours 8am-11pm etc...WTH? OK..well, I left my little dog at home, so I'm good to go!

Simply assess the risk/reward potential, check your timing, do a quick look around for enforcers, prepare a ready made plausible excuse in your head before hand....Basically just roll with it! Get in and get out and have FUN disobeying some other Humans enforcement/border idea!! :laughing:

...Like all the famous trespassers did throughout History!~ Christopher Columbus! Cortez! Daniel Boone! Genghis Khan! Bilbo Baggins!...! No great adventures or finds are ever made by sign obeyers! They die unknown after a boring uninteresting Life of obeisance!

If a guy enjoys obeying instructions and adhering to boundaries and borders, I would suggest for Hobbies....cross stitch, coloring books, and Golf....
Oh well, not everybody is endowed with the Wild Spirit of a Free Ranger like Detectorists!

You see a sign that says "NO" something? In some ancient societal circles, a No means a Yes! Thats how I like to think about it..become a historical Contrary and enjoy this Planet! 'No Detecting', then becomes 'Yes Detecting!' see? Dyslexia Handicap excuse to the sercue!

...The World needs Somebody with a whistle to run the crosswalks, and keep dogs from crappping all over the place I guess, all these rules are pushed by the Sign Makers Union I'm sure...Like Speed limits, bumper sticker makers...One sign for sure that I will disobey 100%! "Ask me about My Grandchildren!".....Hell No I aint! So if you break one law, you broke them all! :laughing:. Have at it Boys!

I'll wait for Tom's take on this before passing judgement. Would like to see what ordinance they can cite which allows them to put up a sign like that. I would have to sue someone if they can't provide one. Detectorist harassment suit. I'm sure we have some lawer on here who can take up this case for a few IH's or a Barber.

This is what happens when you have people detecting property without permission....

.... or maybe someone detected without permission ....

Looks like a pretty mundane vacant lot to me. But if your surmisings are true, then there's 2 reactions I can think of, that would come to the average md'rs minds:

Reaction #1 : "Durned that md'r who didn't ask permission", or

Reaction #2 : "Durned that md'r who didn't have the ability to be discreetly invisible"

There are some md'rs who just stick out like a sore thumb. Others just melt in and are totally ignored.

I'm sure we have some lawyer on here who can take up this case for a few IH's or a Barber.

The thing about Lawyers and the Law...They go Hand in hand and thrive because of each other on the blood of the ignorant or innocent...ones the leech, ones the liver...They cannot survive without each other...

To circumvent this calamity,...You never need a Lawyer if you never get caught! 'Never getting Caught' is the focus to aspire to...its not that hard to break all sorts of laws if a guy pays attention to timing, has a well developed spidey sense, and a few back up aforethought plausible excuses and name dropping tactics....

Ya just dont walk around looking like a fresh bloody liver! At least look like a pancreas! Or in my case an impacted colon! Both the law and the lawyers will leave you alone! What leech in their right mind wants to suck the stuffings out of an impacted colon? Thats what 'trespassing' Detectorists amount to in the eyes of the Law...They aint got no time for us! Not with all the hot fresh and easy bloody liver walking around all over the place!

Sheeit! Its nearly 11am, and most all living Americans have broken Felon class already! Some without even knowing about it! Ask any Lawyer!

Looks like a pretty mundane vacant lot to me. But if your surmisings are true, then there's 2 reactions I can think of, that would come to the average md'rs minds:

Reaction #1 : "Durned that md'r who didn't ask permission", or

Reaction #2 : "Durned that md'r who didn't have the ability to be discreetly invisible"

There are some md'rs who just stick out like a sore thumb. Others just melt in and are totally ignored.

You could look "official" with a reflective vest, or opt for a T-Shirt like this (the "PTR" on the vest stands for "Pull Tab Retrieval" :lol:)
ptruvest.jpgTshirttrash2.jpg

…..or you could just be a super camouflaged detectorist :laughing:
camomandetectcap1.jpg
(just being funny, not advocating illegal activity, besides, nowadays you got to be careful as you might get shot)

Pull that sign up and put it up here on the "For Sale"!..

Perfect Man cave Detectorists wall hangar! Signs seem to be big money! Like those guys on TV are always out hunting for? The fat one with the cats and the skinny one with the annoying giggle? WTH? Oh yeah! Pickers! "Out looking for rusty gold"? That tag line always got me..we know gold aint rusty at all...

I was detecting a schoolyard that I have been detecting for over thirty years when a school security officer drove across the playground to where I was. He said he didn't care if I detected but I couldn't dig. Some kid would fall in a hole and break a leg. I told him that I always filled my holes and I showed him a recent one. He said again, I don't care if you detect, just don't dig.

I was detecting a school yard that I have been detecting for over thirty years when a school security officer drove across the playground to where I was. He said he didn't care if I detected but I couldn't dig. Some kid would fall in a hole and break a leg. I told him that I always filled my holes and I showed him a recent one. He said again, I don't care if you detect, just don't dig.

Back
Top Bottom