Beach pics from Oregon

Bunchgrasser

Hey gang,

Last week we rented a beach house for a relaxing 3 day weekend on the Oregon coast. Naturally I took along both of my detectors for some playing in the sand. My brother-in-law brought his MXT as well.

I managed to pocket a few clad coins and a dog tag but not much else. Oregon beaches don't see near the traffic that your east coast beaches do. Even in the middle of our tourist season many beaches are deserted. I wonder if the 52 degree water has anything to do with that?

Anyway, I really enjoy seeing the beach pics that get posted on this site. I thought I might share a couple of pics of the beach that we stayed near. You can see that there aren't many people out on the beach. I also attached a pic that I took as the day was ending. We do know how to make a good sunset here in Oregon don't we?

Attachments

• DSCN0042web.jpg
    DSCN0042web.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 256
  • DSCN0085web.jpg
    DSCN0085web.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 235
Yeah, 53 degrees is pretty dang cold. The water temp at Hampton Beach, NH was in the mid 60's when I was there this summer and that was near intolerable.

Great pics though!

I lived up in Seattle for a bit and have been to a few beaches in Oregon. They are some of the most places I have every seen.

Thanks for sharing !

Last week we rented a beach house

Way to go, founds a great time. :yes:

Gosh that's a lot of driftwood on the beach. You never see driftwood on the beach in those new car commercials.

Yes, the sunsets are beautiful, nice catch.

52 is too cold for me,,,we got 90 here on the gulf coast in FL.like stepping in a warm bath,now if I can start to feel better good time to hit the beach.....nice sunset

Great pictures... I have been to the NW coastal beaches.. pretty desolate for the most part... not nearly the treasure trove of the East Coast... thanks for posting.. RickO

Back
Top Bottom