James Polk $1 Coin

FLOOD

Forum Supporter
It's not an old coin, but yesterday, I happened upon a 2009 D James Polk $1 coin while taking a look around a park I visit now and then. It's the first Presidential Collection coin I've come across. I wasn't exactly sure what it was when I first uncovered it but I got to researching it, as I normally do after coming up with a new discovery, and got some interesting background on our 11th President. He was born in a log cabin in 1795, and the first of ten children born to a farming family. Went to school, got involved in politics, and among several state and federal offices held, made it to the presidency. Pretty interesting fellow. A few pics of the find.

Attachments

• 2009 Polk Dollar 02 Aug 22.jpg
    2009 Polk Dollar 02 Aug 22.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 286
  • 2009 Polk Dollar Front 02 Aug 22.jpg
    2009 Polk Dollar Front 02 Aug 22.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 286
  • 2009 Polk Dollar Back 02 Aug 22.jpg
    2009 Polk Dollar Back 02 Aug 22.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 293
Never saw one before. Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on the Polk dollar coin. They look more like a token than a coin. Still a cool find. I found only my second one a couple weeks ago in a crick. A W. H. Harrison one. Good luck. Mark

They are unusual to find, however this year I've found two.I have a 2009 John Tyler and a 2011 Andrew Johnson. They are normally just used in vending machines.

I generally get about 5-6 of the dollar coins every year but earlier this year I got a group of three Susan B. Anthony dollars together in one spot. Was a fresh drop because the coins are still clean. Congrats on finding yours.....

Attachments

• IMG_1438.JPG
    IMG_1438.JPG
    169.1 KB · Views: 104
I generally get about 5-6 of the dollar coins every year but earlier this year I got a group of three Susan B. Anthony dollars together in one spot. Was a fresh drop because the coins are still clean. Congrats on finding yours.....

thanks, those look very nice...triplicate is sweet!

Back
Top Bottom