my belated 2018 recap

bobac

Elite Member
Soooo......I don't know if I can really describe in words and numbers , how many hours I worked at the factory this year.......65-70 hours every week , the entire year !!!! And the forecast is worse for 2019 !!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Anyway, not a lot of time remained for Bob's hobby....but , I made it out a few times and did surpass my expectations.
My goal for 2019 is to dig 1 silver coin !!! And to be able to take advantage of my vacation time and get some digging in in a few other states (preferably east) this year.
Anyway , here's the majority of the digs I ended up with this year, minus a few my nephew and a couple homeowners may have ended up with......
The highlights being the 21 Merc, and my favorite coin so far in my career, the error variety of the old Canadian half dollar. Lastly was my oldest coin, a 1723 Irish half penny.....not pictured here cus its just so rough.....

Attachments

• small group.jpg
    small group.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 282
  • small mercs.jpg
    small mercs.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 290
  • small 21 merc.jpg
    small 21 merc.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 274
  • small 925s.jpg
    small 925s.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 285
  • small CAN HALF 1.jpg
    small CAN HALF 1.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 288
  • small quarters.jpg
    small quarters.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 291
  • small ring.jpg
    small ring.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 287
  • 20190103_164727.jpg
    20190103_164727.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 297
Awesome finds Bob! I really like that sterling piece with the script!

Man you did fantastic for working that many hours. I worked 60-70 hr weeks for 15 yrs believe me I know how that grind is. Congratulations on the many many silvers you got in between. Great job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You had an awesome year, and thinking that you were working that much makes your achievement even more impressive! Good luck and HH in 2019!

I'd love to find that spoon and whatever the other big sterling thing is. You've got some great finds there.

Fantastic finds! It's finds like your that give us new guys hope.
What is the silver case with the initials on it? That piece really caught my eye.

Congrats, thats just a sweet bunch of finds. Let me know if you plan on being in SW Pa. Good luck in 2019, And remember nobody ever died wishing they had spent more time at the office. HH Mark

Some very fantastic digging Bob in 2018. Specially with the limited time you had available. In the two year before retirement this year I had a work schedule pretty much like yours. In 2017 it was 7 days a week and a minimum of 10 hours a day. I was lucky, I was on the 2nd shift as it allowed me a couple hours before work to do some detecting a few days each week. So I can truly respect your efforts and the amount of amazing success you had this year. I hope the work situation improves for you and a great 2019 is in your future. Trapper

sterling object

Fantastic finds! It's finds like your that give us new guys hope.
What is the silver case with the initials on it? That piece really caught my eye.

Well , hello there FalconBob. And welcome to the forum.

I believe the piece you are referring to is a matchstick holder. I have seen a few posted on the forums before. I had never put much thought into them until I found one. Just looking them up on ebay blew my mind at how many there were out there and how intricate some of them are........
I haven't had any luck yet trying to research the maker to pin down an exact manufacture date on this one, but I'm guessing early 1900s.....
Unfortunately for me I was unable to recover the lid to this one, but still a cool find. I'll definitely be buying some matches and displaying it soon.....

Best of luck to you in your new hobby this year.

Match Safe

Awesome finds Bob! I really like that sterling piece with the script!

It's called a MATCH SAFE.

To see the huge variety, Google "sterling match safe", then click on images.

Seems like they were popular in the late 1800's to early 1900's.

Jim

Last edited:
Congrats on a fantastic year Bob! If you ever find yourself in central MA again, give me a shout! I didnt have much for time this past year unfortunately. Good luck this season man!

That is one amazing wrapup bobac .
That Canadian half is crazy and that 21 merc is another once in a lifetime kind of find.
Just love these wrap ups .
Congradulations.
,Dew

Back
Top Bottom