Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Quality Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Everything About Finds > Stories and Pictures of Finds

Old 02-14-2020, 12:49 PM
Elite Member

Unbelievable Just an incredible save. A huge Attaboy for that one and it will be hard to ever top. Good luck Mark

-Buffs 4 - Vs 1 - Sterling 2 Clad-18.99

Old 02-14-2020, 12:54 PM

That coin is in phenomenal shape. Holy !!!!! Congrats. I've only ever seen/heard of a few of those being found around our parts.

Old 02-14-2020, 01:31 PM
Elite Member

Wow, seated half! Awesome!!!

Old 02-14-2020, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by markinswpa View post
Unbelievable Just an incredible save. A huge Attaboy for that one and it will be hard to ever top. Good luck Mark
Thanks Mark. I can't imagine too many other types of finds that would surpass this, unless we start talking some of those guys in Great Britain.

Originally Posted by Washingtonian View post
That coin is in phenomenal shape. Holy !!!!! Congrats. I've only ever seen/heard of a few of those being found around our parts.
Yeah, we just don't have the extended history or population density in the past to generate that many older finds.

Originally Posted by Vermonster View post
Wow, seated half! Awesome!!!
Thank you.

Old 02-14-2020, 02:00 PM

Wow! That is in amazing condition! I would love to have a find like that! Definitely on my bucket list! Congrats!

Old 02-14-2020, 02:12 PM

Default At last! A bucket lister

Originally Posted by RainorShine View post
Thanks Mark. I can't imagine too many other types of finds that would surpass this, unless we start talking some of those guys in Great Britain.

Yeah, we just don't have the extended history or population density in the past to generate that many older finds.

Thank you.

Here’s my one and only seated half (or seated coin) of any kind around here. Yours is much prettier lol. I got lucky and found this on a beach I thought only dates to the 1940s. Keep up the good work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 02-14-2020, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Barefoot View post
Wow! That is in amazing condition! I would love to have a find like that! Definitely on my bucket list! Congrats!
Thanks. Just keeping the coil to the ground seems to pay off in the end.

Originally Posted by Washingtonian View post
Here’s my one and only seated half (or seated coin) of any kind around here. Yours is much prettier lol. I got lucky and found this on a beach I thought only dates to the 1940s. Keep up the good work!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Even toasted they're still pretty exciting to pull out of the ground. This one was in the yard of a 1911 vintage house. Tough to explain why a coin that old in that condition was in that yard. GL

Old 02-16-2020, 06:28 AM
Supporter

Default I Want One

Wish I could find one of those. That would be a heart stopper. And in such great condition. Funny, how things happen. That guy came outside when you were going by, and now you have a great coin. I asked two people yesterday, and both gave me permission.
HHeveryone