So.Cal Horrible Hunt

KOB

Forum Supporter
If I can post a "Dream Hunt" , I can post a "Horrible Hunt" !
So last night I decide to do a recon , scouting hunt as the surf is up a bit and the tides are going to be in our favor over the next few days. I hit 7 different beaches over 6 hours. Hunting primarily the wet and a bit of dry sand. The sanded in conditions were deplorable. My totals were $1.86 in clad , 1 aluminum ring and 1 gold plated pendant. Not even pic post worthy. Very few targets or trash. I will be trying different counties for sure , but my guess from the reports and cams it will be the same. I will keep swinging away somewhere , hopefully I get lucky as do others. Weather was perfect and got some exercise so life is good ! GL out there...

Yup. The beaches up @ my part of CA are all sanded in as well. And I detest dry sand hunting, so ...... it's been land hunting for a LONG time now.

Pictures or it didn't happen! :laughing:

I'd love to just get in the water right now even if it was penny central. This Vegas heat is KILLING ME. Today at work we had a broke 757 (airplane) and It was a good 140 on the ramp easily. Running up and down the jet bridge stairs into a hot turned off airplane, crawling on my back looking for relays, changing 130 lb battery, in and out of a cargo pit..... it simply sucked!....... So now I'm here at 12:15 am drinking a glass of McCallan 12, eating some Raviolli's and wishing I was having a terrible hunt at the beach.... A bad hunt is better than a day at work..... Any day.......

So now I'm here at 12:15 am drinking a glass of McCallan 12, eating some Raviolli's and wishing I was having a terrible hunt at the beach.... A bad hunt is better than a day at work..... Any day.......
McCallan and Ravioli's?! :shock: How uncouth!!! :laughing: Get yourself a nice juicy steak with that Scotch there big fella you've earned it! :yes:

Kob

That's my norm here , only replenishment sand in the way , you can't make dream hunts happen all the time , I did have one in 2011 , conditions perfect , hang in there , next couple days , I see your luck changing , happy hunting :thumbsup:

Pictures or it didn't happen! :laughing:
Why ? So now you don't believe I had a crappy hunt ? I don't get it. I was at my Dad's for 3 days straight in 120° heat. I couldn't take it any longer and drove 2 hours right to the beach for a night hunt. Pictures don't come out to well in the dark. Some of my posts do contain trash for your viewing pleasure though , most already know what that looks like.

crappy hunts are the normal. That's what makes a good/great hunt so joyous. With that said, you had a "normal" hunt. lol

Damn....turns out it's good that I didn't bring my detector and you weren't around to hunt with earlier this week....

You'll get them next time though (and hopefully when I get back out there in September we can get together)

So last night I decide to do a recon , scouting hunt as the surf is up a bit and the tides are going to be in our favor over the next few days. I hit 7 different beaches over 6 hours. Hunting primarily the wet and a bit of dry sand. The sanded in conditions were deplorable. My totals were $1.86 in clad , 1 aluminum ring and 1 gold plated pendant. Not even pic post worthy. Very few targets or trash. I will be trying different counties for sure , but my guess from the reports and cams it will be the same. I will keep swinging away somewhere , hopefully I get lucky as do others. Weather was perfect and got some exercise so life is good ! GL out there...

A 1.86??? There's some detectorists that go home with a bounty hunter, a sunburn and not a coin to their name and rent is due. You are one lucky son of a gun! There's a few guys in this forum that have never seen a beach!

You should have taken along "Ed the Beach hunter". He seems to never have a crappy hunt.

For newbies, look for his videos on youtube.

Without pics it never happened :lol:

You should have taken along "Ed the Beach hunter". He seems to never have a crappy hunt.

Of course not... he grabs a few items from the pawn shop and plants them :laughing:

IDK anymore guys. Look at his viewers and subs. Figure the math and see what this guy makes. He is laughing all the way to the bank. I been wondering , who"s the dummy now ?

IDK anymore guys. Look at his viewers and subs. Figure the math and see what this guy makes. He is laughing all the way to the bank. I been wondering , who"s the dummy now ?

He's also ruining the hobby for us...., Not the manufacturers, the dealers, or himself...As a tight niche that we all are, this goon and his type causes the average Joe to think that there is ENDLESS bounty to be found. A diamond ring on EVERY hunt. So with that, every Joe, Tom, Dick, and Harry grab a machine and tear up the beaches, don't cover their holes, hit the parks, don't cover there holes, and cause general lame-ness for the guys like us on here to have a bad rap. I don't mind YouTube hunters who are legit like Robert Ferguson, JJJames, and the likes who show the good with the bad in a realistic light. Most hunts are dog snot. It's HARD freaking WORK. Sorry for the rant, I just HATE watching guys on YouTube using click bait and worried more about their Subs and their algorithms with putting 1 vid a week up and every week its a ring... Same with the Hoover Boys.. I wanna believe they find all that stuff but sometimes it makes me :?::?::?:

Back
Top Bottom