Cashing in coins

NoxDude

Elite Member
I guys,

I got $250 in my last clean up in clad. I heard that some grocery stores and banks will give you more on top of what your cashing in due to the coin shortage. Anybody try to do this? If so, how much did you ask for? How much should I ask for?

Nox dude

I had heard of that a few months ago.
Haven’t seen any shortages or deals like that in my county of 300K, I use cash daily.
Of course, many banks and CU’s have closed lobbies along with counting machines.
May be different elsewhere, outside of my bubble.

Your best bet? Pick up the phone and call around. One bank branch/store might, while their sister branch won’t. Every area will be different. If they do, they’d probably quote you the maximum that they would pay, good luck.

Last edited:
I've heard of it but don't actually know if anyone is really buying coins at a premium. If you find someone who is......let them make an offer. That way you can negotiate UP. I think that 5% is about average.:money:

There was a bank in southern Wisconsin that did that but they hit their goal in less than a week. Sounded like some coin roll hunters got in as I heard some cashed in over $4,000 worth of coins. Extra $5 for every $100.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a chain of stores out here called Ocean State Job Lots. If you buy a store gift card with your rolled coins for $10 or more they will give you a rewards card worth 40% of the value of the gift card.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom