An Advice on GP

Scubacat

Elite Member
After years of digging I have accumulated some GP items. I got another one today. It was 14K GP ring. In my books they are useless items. I wonder though if anybody found a way to get some dime out of those things.

I pull 18k gp often. I toss them directly into the garbage or into the path of 1 of my competitors. Seeing them digging it up and their expression is priceless to me

I pull 18k gp often. I toss them directly into the garbage or into the path of 1 of my competitors. Seeing them digging it up and their expression is priceless to me

Haha! So evil! Great idea though [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have sold junkers on the big auction site before. Usually dont sell for much, but there is a limited market for junk jewelry. The question is, after all the pictures, posting the items, shipping, etc... Is it even worth it? I guess that's your call, good luck out there!

Clean them up and put them out on a table on community yard sale day.

After years of digging I have accumulated some GP items. I got another one today. It was 14K GP ring. In my books they are useless items. I wonder though if anybody found a way to get some dime out of those things.

I have quite a bag of it... was told by a refiner I would need 5 pounds of it before they would take it from me... so I just save it... someday I'll seed someones beach with it who I don't like after I clean out the good stuff first.. :lol:

I've donated GP/GF, other junk to the clubs kid hunt. I got a bag full of buffalo and V nickles I need to dump also...

I wonder if anybody found a way to get some dime out of those things.
Clean them up and put them out on a table on community yard sale day.
I've donated GP/GF, other junk to the clubs kid hunt.
Good condition, designer ones I throw on swip/swap or eBay! :gettinmoney:
Junkers I donate, give to lil' kids that ask what I found, or seed for other MDs.

Thanks for your advises. Basically
a) donate to charity yard sale
b) sell at CL site likes
c) drop it on somebody's path (never thought about that one)
All great ideas!

Thanks for your advises. Basically
a) donate to charity yard sale
b) sell at CL site likes
c) drop it on somebody's path (never thought about that one)
All great ideas!

C)
Theres just something seeing their eyes light up like a kid opening a Christmas present.. only to see the hope crushed and despair set in when the GP becomes visible.

The gold could be dissolved and then precipitated out of the solution.
This is a common method to recover gold out of old electronics and ore from mines.

Google search will find how this is done.

The gold could be dissolved and then precipitated out of the solution.
This is a common method to recover gold out of old electronics and ore from mines.

Google search will find how this is done.

But that's what Cfmtc says: "was told by a refiner I would need 5 pounds of it before they would take it from me". I am not doing it myself. No way.

But that's what Cfmtc says: "was told by a refiner I would need 5 pounds of it before they would take it from me". I am not doing it myself. No way.

I watched a video a few nights ago of a guy refining the gold from a large amount of computer parts... this guy bought this stuff after hours of refining he ended up with 1 gram of gold... way too much work for that... I make more money landscaping lol...

I watched a video a few nights ago of a guy refining the gold from a large amount of computer parts... this guy bought this stuff after hours of refining he ended up with 1 gram of gold... way too much work for that... I make more money landscaping lol...

Same with catalytic converters.. guy did like 5 of them and got 0.25g or so of pt/pd

That's what I've heard too. It's like shearing a cat for wool. Lots of screams but not too much wool.

Last edited:
ONE thing you might find interesting is SOME GP rings are actually plated silver. Most say it though but not all
The last ring I found that made me ask the question was marked 925 14K GP. Unfortunately that is not always the case. The other things I accumulated are just GP or 1/20 14K GF or something like that. Alas.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom