what do you do ?

Ummmm......oooookkkkaaaaayyyyy....
So...if you find a broken bottle in 20 pieces , Do you count that as finding 20 bottles ? Man...your counts are through the roof !

I don't count any change at all... whatever I find I tumble it and spend it except for the occasional Felix pennies which I will throw right in the trash can or if I am hunting in front of a penny tossers water front home I throw them up in his lawn so he can cut them up with his mower :lol:

I love those who find junk rings and count them as a good find... a guy I hunt with only counts gold.. I do the same...

I don't count any change at all... whatever I find I tumble it and spend it except for the occasional Felix pennies which I will throw right in the trash can or if I am hunting in front of a penny tossers water front home I throw them up in his lawn so he can cut them up with his mower :lol:

I love those who find junk rings and count them as a good find... a guy I hunt with only counts gold.. I do the same...

That's what I have always done : just count the gold. Because that's how the old timers taught me. A few posts ago , I asked the forum what is the best , easiest way to categorize or keep track of everything. Didn't really get any responses. Except 1 who said it was too much work , like a job. I see his point. But the vast majority here save and count everything. Think I will just stick to how I've been doing it. Count gold and my year end sales total of what I've found. Those are what matter to ME most.

That's what I have always done : just count the gold. Because that's how the old timers taught me. A few posts ago , I asked the forum what is the best , easiest way to categorize or keep track of everything. Didn't really get any responses. Except 1 who said it was too much work , like a job. I see his point. But the vast majority here save and count everything. Think I will just stick to how I've been doing it. Count gold and my year end sales total of what I've found. Those are what matter to ME most.

Cupajo who posts here breaks his hunting time down, how many targets he dug, how long it took, then he breaks them down between good and junk.. I just don't have the time for that... He is a good beach hunter...

I take all my dirty half rotten zinc pennies, and stack them roughly 15-18 high, then I wrap them with just one riff of masking tape, and then I load them into 12ga shells for trap shooting! Talk about busting clay!! Friggin' things be flying all over the range like little murderous metallic frisbees! I got a 20' pattern!

Good Lord what a blunderbusstastic ballistic mess! Imagine A load of rotten pennies? I'm cleaning up down at the trap shooting club! Cheap too! ...I'm busting clays before they leave the trap even! Car Windows in the parking lot getting chipped etc, those fussing things just go flying!...I've never tried a stack of nickels, but pennies, yeah...and also depleted AA batteries cut in half....I've shot off a lot of those....you should see those suckers go downrange out of the shotgun slug barrel! "Whoop, whoop, whoop" as they get to tumbling!

I killed a big Bull Moose once with half a depleted DubbleA propelled by some bluedot! I punched that weed eating munchkin right through the boiler room with a half a depleted el cheapo Chinese knock off Coppertop!! Poor bastard! Big old moose, 7' rack at least...minding his own business...crawling out of the lake with a mouth full of watercress and wearing a lily pad for a hat!....Killed by a single shot H&R and a chinese battery that spent its life in an AtPro... .

..Pennies wouldnt have done that! Maybe nickels? I'm too cheap to try a stack of nickels when a half a dead dubble A does the trick..I'd hate to try to kill a Moose at close range with a shotgun loaded with a stack of nickels..not when I got plenty of depleted dubble A's laying about..

Moose are pretty tough and mean, they will kill you! Its just not safe...plus, the dead dubble A's are free, and a moose load of nickels will set me back at least .75cent...for a 3 1/2 inch 12ga shell, which is right on the edge of safely and humanely dispatching a big Moose with...? I dont know if anybodies every killed a big Moose with a load of nickels?

Maybe I'll look at getting into a 10 gauge and firing off a coupla 3 dollars of dirty dirt Q's? Or maybe a stack of Chucky Cheese tokens? For sure I will never load with dirt dimes! Not even on the 410! I mean sheesh! What can a guy kill of value with a load of dimes? Like maybe a weasel at 20'? Maybe a snowshoe hare? but hell...not worth $2 of dirt dimes for the both of them, tearing them all to hell in the process...a guy can kill either with a slingshot, pellet gun, stick, .22, or a rat trap..not worth shooting off a couple of bucks of dimes, and Lord help you if thats the load you got in the chamber when a Moose comes along!:laughing:

I felt so bad for that one Moose I killed by a homeloaded half a AA battery...I didnt even have the heart to stick around and process the kill, and lost my appetite for eating him....So I just took a selfie and left him there...I did take the lily pad off his head before I took the pic so he didnt look so stupid in his death, Paying it Forward so to speak...I hope somebody has the same courtesy for me someday...:laughing:..

:laughing::laughing::laughing: goodthing you didn't eat him mercury poisoning:laughing::laughing::laughing:

I take all my dirty half rotten zinc pennies, and stack them roughly 15-18 high, then I wrap them with just one riff of masking tape, and then I load them into 12ga shells for trap shooting! Talk about busting clay!! Friggin' things be flying all over the range like little murderous metallic frisbees! I got a 20' pattern!

Good Lord what a blunderbusstastic ballistic mess! Imagine A load of rotten pennies? I'm cleaning up down at the trap shooting club! Cheap too! ...I'm busting clays before they leave the trap even! Car Windows in the parking lot getting chipped etc, those fussing things just go flying!...I've never tried a stack of nickels, but pennies, yeah...and also depleted AA batteries cut in half....I've shot off a lot of those....you should see those suckers go downrange out of the shotgun slug barrel! "Whoop, whoop, whoop" as they get to tumbling!

I killed a big Bull Moose once with half a depleted DubbleA propelled by some bluedot! I punched that weed eating munchkin right through the boiler room with a half a depleted el cheapo Chinese knock off Coppertop!! Poor bastard! Big old moose, 7' rack at least...minding his own business...crawling out of the lake with a mouth full of watercress and wearing a lily pad for a hat!....Killed by a single shot H&R and a chinese battery that spent its life in an AtPro... .

..Pennies wouldnt have done that! Maybe nickels? I'm too cheap to try a stack of nickels when a half a dead dubble A does the trick..I'd hate to try to kill a Moose at close range with a shotgun loaded with a stack of nickels..not when I got plenty of depleted dubble A's laying about..

Moose are pretty tough and mean, they will kill you! Its just not safe...plus, the dead dubble A's are free, and a moose load of nickels will set me back at least .75cent...for a 3 1/2 inch 12ga shell, which is right on the edge of safely and humanely dispatching a big Moose with...? I dont know if anybodies every killed a big Moose with a load of nickels?

Maybe I'll look at getting into a 10 gauge and firing off a coupla 3 dollars of dirty dirt Q's? Or maybe a stack of Chucky Cheese tokens? For sure I will never load with dirt dimes! Not even on the 410! I mean sheesh! What can a guy kill of value with a load of dimes? Like maybe a weasel at 20'? Maybe a snowshoe hare? but hell...not worth $2 of dirt dimes for the both of them, tearing them all to hell in the process...a guy can kill either with a slingshot, pellet gun, stick, .22, or a rat trap..not worth shooting off a couple of bucks of dimes, and Lord help you if thats the load you got in the chamber when a Moose comes along!:laughing:

I felt so bad for that one Moose I killed by a homeloaded half a AA battery...I didnt even have the heart to stick around and process the kill, and lost my appetite for eating him....So I just took a selfie and left him there...I did take the lily pad off his head before I took the pic so he didnt look so stupid in his death, Paying it Forward so to speak...I hope somebody has the same courtesy for me someday...:laughing:..
Wow! You have a great gift! Not sure what it is but it’s great!:laughing:

Wow! You have a great gift! Not sure what it is but it’s great!:laughing:

Thank you for noticing! Yeah, I liked 'murderous metallic frisbees'...Also about killing the Moose with a half a depleted AA, while he was wearing a lily pad for a hat..That was funny, even to me!.:laughing: It never happened of course, Everybody knows it would take at least a C cell to kill a Moose that large! I was bragging about things I have never done...which is common for me on the internet..

FWIW, I did kill a 400lb Black bear with a #2 golf club, and I once killed a 1200lb Belgian horse with a .22 pistol, and even ate some of him afterwards and made a carpet out of his skin...and also I killed a friends pet Wolf, but those stories were not germain to the metal detecting subject at hand.....
I also liked 'Blunderbusstastic'...I did kill that Horse and that Wolf and that Bear in real life as stated..all sorts of things..not bragging, just saying...

I once shot a 4' stingray in Mobile bay with a fish arrow at 2am back in 1995...damn thing was flapping all over the place like a malevolent dumpster lid with a stinger!..Like a half sheet of deadly OSB! We pulled up on the bank and made a fire and ate him...tasted sort of like chicken, not as good as the 12' Alligator from about an hour before, but yeah, I was wearing that Alligators tail on my head like a wizards hat, like Gandalf!...My Cousin was laughing the whole damn time...

Last edited:
:lol:
Thank you for noticing! Yeah, I liked 'murderous metallic frisbees'...Also about killing the Moose with a half a depleted AA, while he was wearing a lily pad for a hat..That was funny, even to me!.:laughing: It never happened of course, Everybody knows it would take at least a C cell to kill a Moose that large! I was bragging about things I have never done...which is common for me on the internet..

FWIW, I did kill a 400lb Black bear with a #2 golf club, and I once killed a 1200lb Belgian horse with a .22 pistol, and even ate some of him afterwards and made a carpet out of his skin...and also I killed a friends pet Wolf, but those stories were not germain to the metal detecting subject at hand.....
I also liked 'Blunderbusstastic'...I did kill that Horse and that Wolf and that Bear in real life as stated..all sorts of things..not bragging, just saying...

I once shot a 4' stingray in Mobile bay with a fish arrow at 2am back in 1995...damn thing was flapping all over the place like a malevolent dumpster lid with a stinger!..Like a half sheet of deadly OSB! We pulled up on the bank and made a fire and ate him...tasted sort of like chicken, not as good as the 12' Alligator from about an hour before, but yeah, I was wearing that Alligators tail on my head like a wizards hat, like Gandalf!...My Cousin was laughing the whole damn time...
:lol: Okay enough :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom