Minelab Explorer SE Pro Has Arrived!

medicchief

Forum Supporter
My Explorer SE Pro arrived today and it is far better than I expected! It looks almost new, came with NiMH Slim Pack, battery pack, charger, ML/Koss UR-30 headphones, ML carry bag, ML finds bag, head cover and a cheap pin-pointer of some kind. To top that off, there was $1.81 (clad) in the finds bag! Still has a Kellyco sticker on the detector. No telling what the package cost new. The control unit and screen are scratch free. ALMOST too good to be true! I also received a RnB Lithium ML-3400 battery kit for it today as well. I took it for a quick spin in the yard and everything functions as it should (lots of targets), but I'm not digging until tomorrow. I've got some more reading to do and videos to watch tonight! Explorer & E-TRAC Handbook by Andy Sabisch is on it's way. HH!

Attachments

• IMG_0411.jpg
    IMG_0411.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 481
  • IMG_0412.jpg
    IMG_0412.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 384
Last edited:
That's a really nice machine.. I've had a few,, and I know people say there's no difference between the se and the se pro but the coil,,but I gotta tell ya all my red lettered explorer se pros seemed to run much smoother , and it seemed like I found more.. Looking forward to your finds..That machine is easy to learn, but overwhelming at first.Once you figure out what setting does what it'll all come together.

That's a really nice machine.. I've had a few,, and I know people say there's no difference between the se and the se pro but the coil,,but I gotta tell ya all my red lettered explorer se pros seemed to run much smoother , and it seemed like I found more.. Looking forward to your finds..That machine is easy to learn, but overwhelming at first.Once you figure out what setting does what it'll all come together.

Thanks! I had heard they were a little on the hefty side, but honestly it feels really comfortable to swing. I may go through most of an ink cartridge tonight, printing the manual for it....lol.

Last edited:
Real curious how you'll like this machine compared to your others you've owned, I'm considering an Explorer or Safari myself and am trying to convince myself the FBS technology is "The Final Frontier" lol

Real curious how you'll like this machine compared to your others you've owned, I'm considering an Explorer or Safari myself and am trying to convince myself the FBS technology is "The Final Frontier" lol

I really like it, but it does have a lengthy learning curve (doesn't bother me). I have owned an AT Pro, Omega 8000, NOX 800 and I'd take my Explorer over any of them. That said, I came close to buying a Safari, but it didn't have the features that I wanted, especially the Fe Co readout. I also watched numerous reviews on the Safari and it didn't seem to perform as well as the Explorer either (to me). My Explorer SE Pro is about as close as I could get to an eTrac, without spending hundreds more. I am just now getting into creating some really specific programs. I got the SE out yesterday and created a pull tab (seal, pull ring and combined), bottle cap, etc. trash discrimination program. I used the smallest ID field (least pixels) to eliminate the exact number for each piece of trash. Hopefully it will still hit on Jewelry/gold, without missing much, if anything. I learned the programming options from The Minelab Explorer and E-Trac Handbook (autographed too!) by Andy Sabisch, which I just received. The SE screen pictures are of the program I created, one in normal view and the other in expanded view (sorry about the lint on the screen). I'm ready to go try it out!!! BTW, you can also just turn it on and go with factory settings too. Good luck with your choice, I would go with the Explorer over the Safari....IMO. Unless you want a simpler machine. HH!

Attachments

• IMG_0537.jpg
    IMG_0537.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_0538.jpg
    IMG_0538.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_0541.jpg
    IMG_0541.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_0554.jpg
    IMG_0554.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 238
Yeah, I'm almost pulling the trigger on a super super cheap Explorer XS just to test the waters before going with either the latest SE pro or a Safari. I want simple, not a lot of button fidgeting. Thanks, keep us posted on finds, likes and dislikes.

Yeah, I'm almost pulling the trigger on a super super cheap Explorer XS just to test the waters before going with either the latest SE pro or a Safari. I want simple, not a lot of button fidgeting. Thanks, keep us posted on finds, likes and dislikes.

Find a good deal on one, get it. They're holding their value pretty good, so you could always get most if not all of your money back.

I like simplicity too. The Minelab users here seem to really speak highly of the Xterra 705 as well. I've thought about getting rid of my Delta and getting a 705 and adding a multi-freq coil, for a backup/loaner.

Anyway, we're getting our house ready to sell, bought a place with 12 acres. That said, it may be a bit before I get out and do some real detecting. I'll be sure to post finds and more about the machine at some point.

Back
Top Bottom