Gold drought ended!

FoiledAgain

Elite Member
Gold finds have been seriously lacking for the past 4+ months, despite repeated fruitless searches, incantations, and prayers. Fortunately the drought finally ended, and with a double gold day no less. The first was a deep, iffy signal in very soft sand, obviously a recent drop. Given the history of the last few months, my jaw dropped when I saw a gold circle nested in the gravel at the bottom of my scoop. The second was a booming signal, and shallow. I figured I'd had my good luck for the day and was going to turn up a bottle cap or poptop, so I was speechless when I saw another gold ring in the scoop. Both are Frederick Goldman, and they weigh in at 6.72 and 5.19g. A small mood ring turned up near the end of the hunt. I hope that the golds are harbingers of even better things to come!

Attachments

• IMG_4164.jpg
    IMG_4164.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 631
  • IMG_4167.jpg
    IMG_4167.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 610
  • IMG_4174.jpg
    IMG_4174.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 600
Gold finds have been seriously lacking for the past 4+ months, despite repeated fruitless searches, incantations, and prayers. Fortunately the drought finally ended, and with a double gold day no less. The first was a deep, iffy signal in very soft sand, obviously a recent drop. Given the history of the last few months, my jaw dropped when I saw a gold circle nested in the gravel at the bottom of my scoop. The second was a booming signal, and shallow. I figured I'd had my good luck for the day and was going to turn up a bottle cap or poptop, so I was speechless when I saw another gold ring in the scoop. Both are Frederick Goldman, and they weigh in at 6.72 and 5.19g. A small mood ring turned up near the end of the hunt. I hope that the golds are harbingers of even better things to come!
Very nice!!! Congrats on the gold. No better feeling when you have been in a drought and your first glimpse of gold. Those previous months disappear and everything is all of a sudden worth the effort. Those sure cleaned up well, congrats!

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Good job Brian... you may get a storm this weekend that could move a little sand around...

A Hero!
A Hero to me is not the guy that finds lots of treasure..

It's the hunters who continue to pound the sand without finding gold and they continue. Very Tough! But with persistence it does come.

Two nice Gold bands! :kingdances:

congrats Brian, I know the feeling of a long drought. You found a great way to break it-a double helping of 14K

The only double gold I am going to get right now is to pull two out of the safe,,,,:laughing:great work,,,,we all know how it feels to get in a slump and finally see the gold clanking in the scoop,,GL HH

:dingding: Awesome, but you should really consider branching out and finding other gold rings that aren't just Frederick Goldman. It'll give you more chances of finding gold. :lol:

The sweet sound of FG gold!

Found this one a few years ago and I still remember the sound. Two in one day, outstanding!!

Attachments

• ring15 (2).jpg
    ring15 (2).jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 329
Congrats on the gold !
Super gold ! Nice finds.
Very nice!
Gotta love that shiny stuff.
Thanks folks. It's great to finally get some satisfaction!
Very nice!!! Congrats on the gold. No better feeling when you have been in a drought and your first glimpse of gold. Those previous months disappear and everything is all of a sudden worth the effort. Those sure cleaned up well, congrats!
Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
congrats thats nice way to break the drought with a second helping of the good stuff!
congrats Brian, I know the feeling of a long drought. You found a great way to break it-a double helping of 14K
The only double gold I am going to get right now is to pull two out of the safe,,,,:laughing:great work,,,,we all know how it feels to get in a slump and finally see the gold clanking in the scoop,,GL HH
We've all had some dry spells, but this one seemed especially long. Quite a relief to know that all the gold is not long gone!
Good job Brian... you may get a storm this weekend that could move a little sand around...
These were both in thick sand -- I'm afraid that 'moving the sand' around will just bury things. At this point I'd much rather have calm weather and lots of folks on the beach.....
I like the gold ring posed on the shell pix. Good job.
Thanks Tom. I have to credit WaterWalker for the idea. Makes for some nice pix.
A Hero!
A Hero to me is not the guy that finds lots of treasure..
It's the hunters who continue to pound the sand without finding gold and they continue. Very Tough! But with persistence it does come.
Two nice Gold bands! :kingdances:
Thanks OBN. We know that gold will eventually turn up, it's just that the 'agony of defeat' seems to drag on forever and drives a pirate nuts before finally experiencing the 'thrill of victory'. :D
Very nice. That's a Frederick Goldman ring...I found a Palladium one last year.
Beautiful FG gold! All I’m finding is tungsten and titanium :(
Congrats!
:dingding: Awesome, but you should really consider branching out and finding other gold rings that aren't just Frederick Goldman. It'll give you more chances of finding gold. :lol:
Fred must sell a ton of rings because I've found many more FGs than any other maker. I'm fully receptive for any maker, but I'm not going to toss back the FGs. Catch and release is for fishing. :laughing:
Just tungsten crapide for me.
Well done on the two golds. It is what we say you "earned them". FG stands for Found gold:lol:
Ha, I like it!
Found this one a few years ago and I still remember the sound. Two in one day, outstanding!!
Very nice ring!

Back
Top Bottom