Boy Scout Woggle

OkieDigger

Forum Chipmunk
Forum Supporter
I think they call them sliders now-a-days. Not sure how old this one is. I found one and my hunting buddy found two. The pic is a little blurry :o(

Attachments

• boyscout_775.jpg
    boyscout_775.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 1,671
I got a couple myself, OD. Nice finds, huh?

Attachments

• cubscouts_137.jpg
    cubscouts_137.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 526
  • boyscouts_501.jpg
    boyscouts_501.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 524
Cool. That bottom one you have there is just like one of the two my buddy found.

Found one last year. It was totally grey in color, and I thought that all the platong had gone. But since then, I have seen several at antique shops in the same condition. Were some of them unplated?

Top photo is a Cubscout neckerchief slide. Krom's photos, upper is Cubscout, lower is Boyscout. These are the standard slides purchased at the uniform store. Most Boyscouts later buy or make their own individual slides. Cubscout slides are usually brass plated. Boyscout slide is usually a pewter or pewter/bronze color.

The one my friend found that's like mine has most of the "gold" color worn off showing a grayish color underneath. His was found only a few feet from mine. Weird wild stuff.

Being a Boy Scout, I usually bring my Ace 250 on all the camping trips, including trips ot Boy SCout summer camps and what-not. One of the leaders has a White's Prizm IV, and another leader has a MD too. The Prizm owner is a hardcore coin collector, and an eagles scout. He cleans, washes, seals, and stores virtually EVERY coin he finds, from 2006 down to God-knows-when, and all types of coins. Anyway, back on topic. Once we found about 5 or 6 neckerchief slides all in the same general area, around a trading post. I don't know where you guys found your slides, but I recommend checking anywhere around that looks that Scouts may have camped there. As a Scout, I know how Scouts like to drop money, throw money, put coins in fires(but also everything else).

Back
Top Bottom