Of all the $%&^$&^ Luck!

N

ncseadog

My brother in law came down yesterday and wanted to try my metal detector, so I took him to where the old family homeplace used to be. Didn't think anything would be there since it has been plowed over for years. Guess who manages to pull out an IH? And guess who is getting an MD when he gets back home? The look in his eyes was as exciting as if I had found it myself! As soon as this weather breaks and I get over the "flumonia" you can bet I'll be back out there. The place burned down in the 40's and it was been a landing strip for crop dusters for at least 20 years. Now it is just a sandy field full of weeds.

ncseadog

Its always the way isn't it? :) It's why I don't like taking anyone to my spots... You're happy for them finding something but wish you had found it instead :)

The crop-dusting is a far cry from all the cow/bull crap that could have been used.
Id' think them underground babes are in a lot better condition than what I stand to dig up in the fields I beep in.
Get back out there ASAP, SeaDog...!

Congrats! Makes you feel good, doesn't it.

It's always nice when you can turn someone onto the hobby. I hope he has just as much luck this coming season, and I hope you have as much luck when you get over your illness.

My hunting buddy does this to me all the time. I'll research a good spot to detect, get the permission and he'll be the one pulling out the Barber dimes. That's OK though, just know that we'll both have better days than them too.

Thats cool. To see the amazment in someones eye's when you/they dig an old coin out of the ground is awesome.

Back
Top Bottom