help with garrett

brrttpaul

hi all i had my gta 500 and took it out on some fields i found plenty of iron with it but little confused on the settings namely audio and depth. with the depth if i decrease it im losing sensitivity is this for minerilzation also audio if i set it to max theres a buzzing noise so i decrease just till i cant hear the noise am i on the right track with this or am i completly wrong
thx in advance
paul

I think the depth is the sensitivity button> which should be turned down until stable (no falsing)

The buzzing sounds like the threshold. Which should be set at a slight humm, for when you run in all metal mode. Any rise in the threshold could be a possible target.

EDIT:
users manual> for the gta5 series
http://www.detection.com/garrett/manual-gtax550.html

thx for the reply mega now i was putting it just below the hum so will try what u said as for the depth theres 12 segments and at the moment i got it bout 9 segments lit but will persevere with it

thx for the reply mega now i was putting it just below the hum so will try what u said as for the depth theres 12 segments and at the moment i got it bout 9 segments lit but will persevere with it

Back
Top Bottom