Garrett Treasure Ace 300

Knight451

I called a local rental place about renting a machine and they have a few of these for sale for between $75 and $100. At that price it would be cheaper to buy instead of renting it and then when I get the Fisher that I have my eye on, I can let my kids use this one. My question is whether anyone has used this particular machine and whether it is worth picking up at that price? I realize it most likely is a lower end unit but I figure at that price it would be hard to go wrong. Let me know if I am though :lol:. Thanks.

Just a quick update. Went ahead and got the Garrett Treasure Ace 300 and got out to a playground by my house with it for a bit today. The display is positioned a little oddly for my taste so I may need to come up with a shim of some type to angle it the way I would like. Also there is no volume control, not sure if that is normal or not but this thing is LOUD. Got an adapter jack for a set of headphones to try to tone down the signal and I wore them around my neck while I was out and it was still plenty loud. I am still figuring everything out as this is the first detector I have ever used but I managed to come up with .40 in clad (Q,D,N) and multiple trash targets. One thing I noticed was that on some signals when I would swing it one way it would read but coming the other way it wouldn't. Not sure if there was anything there as it was marking as trash and I didn't dig it up but I was wondering if that happens often? The only thing I thought of was that it was a target on its side and it read better one way as opposed to the other.

I have an ace 300 also and have noted it hitting on targets when swinging to the left but not to the right. Oddly enough I picked mine up from a rental store also.

Posts related to the 300 seem non-existent. Can anyone please comment on the usefulness of the Ace 300 or whether the Ace 250 is actually superior? Any links to other posts would be appreciated. I cannot seem to get the search function to work.

My personal experience says the ACE 250 is better. The ACE 300 has no pinpoint mode and I don't care for those unless they pinpoint very well like the Tesoro's.

For the money I'd say you did alright.

Back
Top Bottom