Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Everything About Finds > Cleaning Your Finds

Old 12-28-2017, 01:16 PM
Elite Member

Default Loading the Dual-Drum Chicago Electric Tumbler Item 67632

On page 6 of the Owner's manual, the Specifications say "Capacity 3 lb. per drum".

Does that 3 lb. include the items to be cleaned, cleaning media and any liquid if used ?

To be careful not to overload and cause premature wear of the drums and machine components, should I check the weight after loading everything mentioned above and sealing the lid, before running the machine ?

I intend to follow the maintenance instructions in the owner's manual and the advice gathered from this forum to avoid machine problems and increase longevity.

Thanks for your help on these questions.

ToddB64

Teknetics Gamma 6000, Tesoro Bandido II ÁMax and Compadre, Whites Classic II, Garrett Ace250 and Pro-Pointer AT, Vibra-Probe 570, Cen-Tech Pinpointer, Lesche Digger, Tabdog Digger Replica I made, RatphonesMax Headphones, Janster Coin Probe.

Old 12-28-2017, 01:57 PM
Elite Member

Location: Alabama, by way of Detroit, Tampa Bay, Alabama and Kansas

3lbs in each drum...6lbs total on the two drum model.
I always weigh each drum on a kitchen scale before tumbling and I have been very careful not to exceed that 3lb limit.
My first and original belt lasted over 6 years because I did it this way on my two drum unit and I ran it for many hours and over $1000 worth of clad through that thing plus many more items over the years.

Currently hunting with an F70, a Mojave and a borrowed Red Racer.
Plus a Nox 800.

Old 12-28-2017, 07:35 PM
Elite Member

Default Loading the Dual-Drum Chicago Electric Tumbler Item 67632

Originally Posted by DIGGER27 View post
3lbs in each drum...6lbs total on the two drum model.
I always weigh each drum on a kitchen scale before tumbling and I have been very careful not to exceed that 3lb limit.
My first and original belt lasted over 6 years because I did it this way on my two drum unit and I ran it for many hours and over $1000 worth of clad through that thing plus many more items over the years.

Thanks Digger27 ..........I'll be doing the same then !

I have a Pelouze Precision Postal/Package Spring Scale, Model K5, 5 lb. Capacity, with Zero Adjustment Knob. It probably doesn't have the accuracy of an electronic scale, but good enough for this application.

Most design engineers apply a safety factor to certain specifications, which should allow running the Item 67632 Tumbler at max. load without fear of premature failure, but I'll play it safe and under-load the drums a little.

Hope you are getting decent weather & temperatures where you live in Alabama and still getting out with your detectors. I see Birmingham is 45░F, cloudy, 0 rain !

HH
ToddB64

Teknetics Gamma 6000, Tesoro Bandido II ÁMax and Compadre, Whites Classic II, Garrett Ace250 and Pro-Pointer AT, Vibra-Probe 570, Cen-Tech Pinpointer, Lesche Digger, Tabdog Digger Replica I made, RatphonesMax Headphones, Janster Coin Probe.