Couple hours with the Deus

choppadude

Forum Supporter
Hit a turn of the century park yesterday for a couple hours. Had both the CTX 3030 and the Deus in the truck but like I have been accustomed to, I grabbed the Deus and off I went.
Park has been hunted hard over the years and anything that is left is either way deep or masked by other targets.
Did manage 2 silvers. The 1918 Merc was only about 6" deep and I almost mistook it for iron when pin pointing in the hole since it read off to the side instead of dead center like a coin normally does. While removing dirt from the side I spotted it standing perfectly on edge! That would account for the good signal in one direction and an iffy one in the other. The Barber dime was a good 10" deep and was a good solid hit audio wise with just a bit of shading in the top right portion of the Horseshoe.
All the wheats were 8" - 10" and the toasted V nickel about the same.

Nice hunt. I can't believe the finds you guys up north make in public parks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Choppa got a quick ? For you, if you don't mind my asking. What's your go to machine? I really love the CTX, but I feel a deus may be better for my area and the type of sites I hunt. Moderate to heavy iron is present at many of my sites. With the waterproofing kit, I feel it would be a deadly set up. I viewed the CTX as one of the top deep coinshooting machines that gives you a pretty stable VDI. I know each tool has its own job but with all these posts with really good DEEP finds, the deus seems to be a pretty good coinshooter too. Just curious, appreciate any feedback! HH!

Back
Top Bottom