Garrett Carrot light not going off when shutting off pinpointer

Iggyks

Elite Member
My Garrett Carrot is about 17 months old and lately when I power it off the light stays lit. I bonk it with my hand a time or two and then the light shuts off. Just annoying at the moment, but is this going to lead to worse things? I should still be under warranty, how quickly do they repair or replace when you send the unit in? Thanks!

I have only had one problem with one that required sending it in for repairs and it was there, repaired and back in my hands in less than two weeks.

I had to send in my Garrett Propointer (the original black version) at the tail end of 2017 for issues with the on/off button and some falsing issues. My experience was about the same as Georgeinsc - from the time it left my house to having it back in my hands was only about 10 days. Pretty impressive, especially considering that time frame included their Christmas break. In my case, the Propointer was out of warranty, but the repair cost was very reasonable, and it came back basically as good as new - they virtually refurbished the entire unit! Excellent service overall.

When I had to have my Carrot replaced under warranty, they gave me a UPS label and they sent the new one out the day after I shipped the old one. I had it in my hands within two days

Garrett's warranty didn't help me!

My Garrett Carrot is about 17 months old and lately when I power it off the light stays lit. I bonk it with my hand a time or two and then the light shuts off. Just annoying at the moment, but is this going to lead to worse things? I should still be under warranty, how quickly do they repair or replace when you send the unit in? Thanks!

I contacted Garrett about the same problem after only having mine about 2 months. I sent it to them to fix the problem with the light. It cost me about $15 or $20 to ship it to them. They sent it back to me with a new case and battery cover, but did not fix the problem I sent it to them to fix. I was so disappointed that I just switched brands a got a Whites TRX and never looked back. I will say that my Garrett Pro Pointer AT is still working perfectly besides the light problem. I now use it strictly for water hunting.

I wore through the tip of my carrot twice within the warranty period. Both times they fixed it at no cost to me other than what it cost to ship it to them. I'm about to wear through the tip again. This time I will gladly pay what it costs to fix. In both cases, I have a feeling that they just put my barcode label on a new unit. About as good as a warranty can be.

I knew a sidewalk tearout was approaching in my town so I shipped my Carrot off... got an email listing a bunch of replaced parts... when the package arrived I pulled a brand new unit out. Love it!

I wore through the tip of my carrot twice within the warranty period. Both times they fixed it at no cost to me other than what it cost to ship it to them. I'm about to wear through the tip again. This time I will gladly pay what it costs to fix. In both cases, I have a feeling that they just put my barcode label on a new unit. About as good as a warranty can be.

I would enjoy it if Garrett did a full replacement but that isn't what they do. They still use the innards of your old one. I have had two units through their repair center, each pointer had secondary issues, both units being suffered lower sensitivity/depth, they were more than 30% less before of new, and still 30% less after repairs.

They do totally look spankin' brand new though, and I won't say that they never send a totally new pinpointer. I find it difficult to think that they hardly ever send a truly fresh, new unit.

I would enjoy it if Garrett did a full replacement but that isn't what they do. They still use the innards of your old one. I have had two units through their repair center, each pointer had secondary issues, both units being suffered lower sensitivity/depth, they were more than 30% less before of new, and still 30% less after repairs.

They do totally look spankin' brand new though, and I won't say that they never send a totally new pinpointer. I find it difficult to think that they hardly ever send a truly fresh, new unit.

When I had to get mine repaired, they shipped a new one to me the same day mine was sent back to them. They didn’t even wait for mine to arrive at their facility.

Garrett's warranty didn't help me!

I contacted Garrett about the same problem after only having mine about 2 months. I sent it to them to fix the problem with the light. It cost me about $15 or $20 to ship it to them. They sent it back to me with a new case and battery cover, but did not fix the problem I sent it to them to fix. I was so disappointed that I just switched brands a got a Whites TRX and never looked back. I will say that my Garrett Pro Pointer AT is still working perfectly besides the light problem. I now use it strictly for water hunting.
Update: After only using another pinpointer. I decided to take the garrett pro pointer a part and see if I could fix it myself. Since I havent realy used it since I bought it (5 years ago) because of this problem. I touched up a few solder joints that didn't look good and the light goes off as it is supose to. Everything is working properly

Back
Top Bottom