So... which would you rather find... A 10 gram 14K gold ring, or a cache of a FULL ROLL of About Uncirculated Mercury Dimes

I want to find a roll of Mercury dimes... one at a time... some deep, some close to the surface, some in the sand, some under a big tree root. Some in the rain, and some in the snow. (Then... I want to find that gold ring)

Jewelry really doesn't interest me, 'cause I never find any :lol:. I'm a coin hunter. Also, I've never sold anything over the years, so gold really wouldn't mean much. In ten years time I've found hundreds of mercs, and zero gold. I suppose I'd still take the dimes. :cool:

Last edited:
The ring...I say this because it can be sold or traded or scrapped...It would be easy to wear/carry for use in a future emergency.....You can trade or sell a gold ring just about anywhere in the day to day travels....or border crossings, or bail bondsman, or whatever..:laughing:

It would take a special kind of sale situation to offload the Uncirc Mercs at their proper numismatic value, unless its to a fellow Numistmatist, a guy has to educate the other party about what a Merc dime is. Tragic I know...

It would be hard emotionally to sell a full roll of such a find too!...That would be one great trophy Cache and make for one cracking post!! You dont see that everyday!, a 10gr gold ring? Meh..No big deal! As common as pulltabs! Easy enough to go find another!! :laughing::laughing:

That would be one great trophy Cache and make for one cracking post!! You dont see that everyday!, a 10gr gold ring? Meh..No big deal! As common as pulltabs! Easy enough to go find another!! :laughing::laughing:

That's what made that one TOUGH. I'd still take the ring, but part of me REALLY wants to find a roll of Mercs. Mostly because it IS so unique. Be a very cool cache find, eh?

Skippy

I agree with Mud. Gold rings will always be dropped and found, but a whole roll of merc dimes? That's something that doesn't get lost very often:lol:

I would rather have the dimes. The mercury is my favorite coin. I have found more than fifty one at a time already.
Mercuries.JPG

I love all the comments. This whole thread makes me smile. Thanks for chiming in on such a banal subject! :)

Cheers,

Skippy

I've found more gold rings than I have merc's in the 31 month's I've been detecting. 8 gold rings verses 4 merc's. Finding a roll of merc's would be a find of my life! Gimme the merc's!

Back
Top Bottom