First hunt with the CTX, first coins!

cellrdwellr

Elite Member
Hey everyone! I was able to get out for an hour and a half last night to a ball field that has produced a handful of silvers. I wanted to see what I may have missed with other machines. I get there and notice there's still 2-3" of snow out there. I said to myself, I have to try this thing I don't care lol first plug was the 1938 wheat. A foot away, give or take the merc came out. Second plug! From there it slowed down greatly, only adding some clad and one more wheat for the hunt. I guess I missed these coins before, or possibly they were masked. They weren't very deep. I would get a signal kick away the snow and rescan. Here's my settings. I literally turned on the detector and set the sensitivity to auto +3 and that's it! Running everything else in factory settings and the coin mode. I just wanted to swing, didn't want to spend forever messing with settings and programs. I'll be getting out somewhere tonight with less snow. Thanks for looking and happy hunting!

Attachments

• IMG_2038.jpg
    IMG_2038.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG_2039.jpg
    IMG_2039.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_2040.jpg
    IMG_2040.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG_2041.jpg
    IMG_2041.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 257
Nice start! Congrats on the Merc and new machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome!! I'm sure that bad boy machine is gonna be great to use!! Lol wish I could find a silver coin in first hunt let alone the 12-13 I've done! Congrats!!! Happy Hunting!!

MetalHead

NICE! I found a 42 Merc on my first hunt with the 3030!!!

It flat out finds silvers in areas where I hunt with other machines and people! Consistently proves itself in the field time and again!

Those who have never used one for more than 2 days simply do not know what they do not know!!! All machines are not created equally, regardless of who's feelings that statement hurts! It is what it is...

I run a wide open screen, then when something piques my interest I switch to a coins disc mode, and check against disc... simple, effective, and pulled a 1906 Barber quarter out of a place that has been slammed by many, MANY, detectorists through the years, but, they didn't have a 3030, apparently! It was an obvious tone and less than 7 inches deep in with a nail, a token, a piece of fencing, and a 1906 Barber Quarter! All the proof you need!

HUGE CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW SILVA KILLA!!!:yes:

Thats so Awesome Cellr! I was wondering how you would do with your new rig! You must be a fast learner or it was instinctual? It would have taken me a week to figure out how to turn it on! Probably 3 days just unwrapping it! Outstanding! :laughing:

Come on now,let's not get carried away! You gotta earn that,go put it back and don't find any silver for at least 20 hours!:grin:
I found the same thing about finding silver in places that they should've been found already,like....5 Mercs that were for all intents and purposes very reachable with my other stuff. They just didn't catch them for whatever reason,maybe just not being on top of them. It's an area I have HAMMERED for 3 years so I'm doubting it's me....
A "teens" Merc is a good one to start with Cellr! Keep it coming...;)

Awesome!! I'm sure that bad boy machine is gonna be great to use!! Lol wish I could find a silver coin in first hunt let alone the 12-13 I've done! Congrats!!! Happy Hunting!!

MetalHead

Congrats on the first silver with the new Minelab...nice early Merc!

NICE! I found a 42 Merc on my first hunt with the 3030!!!

It flat out finds silvers in areas where I hunt with other machines and people! Consistently proves itself in the field time and again!

Those who have never used one for more than 2 days simply do not know what they do not know!!! All machines are not created equally, regardless of who's feelings that statement hurts! It is what it is...

I run a wide open screen, then when something piques my interest I switch to a coins disc mode, and check against disc... simple, effective, and pulled a 1906 Barber quarter out of a place that has been slammed by many, MANY, detectorists through the years, but, they didn't have a 3030, apparently! It was an obvious tone and less than 7 inches deep in with a nail, a token, a piece of fencing, and a 1906 Barber Quarter! All the proof you need!

HUGE CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW SILVA KILLA!!!:yes:
Very encouraging words thanks Nectar!
Way to go! Off to a great start with the 3030!

Isn't it a great feeling to pull silver out with a new machine, especially on your first hunt with it! Congrats!

Wow! Great start, Keep them coming it's gonna thaw out soon.
Congrats on the merc and the new CTX!

GREAT JOB! Silver on the first time out, can't beat that. Did you pick that 3030 up in my town? :D
No actually purchased a brand new one lol it was a gift actually. For my birthday :grin:
First hunt with new toy and out comes silver, You can't beat that! congratz CD!!!

Thats so Awesome Cellr! I was wondering how you would do with your new rig! You must be a fast learner or it was instinctual? It would have taken me a week to figure out how to turn it on! Probably 3 days just unwrapping it! Outstanding! :laughing:
I feel like having already used the explorers and etrac , I kinda have some kind of experience with that technology. Silver stands out very well with FBS machines. Plus a bunch of luck :laughing: happy hunting mud :cool:
Beautiful 1917 Merc! Congrats :neat:
nice CTX too :thumbsup:

Great finds. Keep up the good work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Come on now,let's not get carried away! You gotta earn that,go put it back and don't find any silver for at least 20 hours!:grin:
I found the same thing about finding silver in places that they should've been found already,like....5 Mercs that were for all intents and purposes very reachable with my other stuff. They just didn't catch them for whatever reason,maybe just not being on top of them. It's an area I have HAMMERED for 3 years so I'm doubting it's me....
A "teens" Merc is a good one to start with Cellr! Keep it coming...;)

Nice dime to find on its maiden voyage...

Thank you all!

Back
Top Bottom