Seated Liberty Token

stingray

Elite Member
so what would you guys feel when u see this

350511ca429bf1623250a0852d4129cc.jpg

but then when you turn the reverse side it would be this

cf4cb50c2900ea2f363b5c15133064f6.jpg

yes i was stoked when i saw the Seated Liberty. i got a repeatable signal 03-28 about 6 inch on the Explorer and when i dug, pop goes this one of a kind token. i can now cross out that SQL bucket list.
so my question is. what are my odds finding the owner with only 3 intials written. where do i start. thanks for looking. HH
stingray

were you at a park or house? if u were at a house u can figure out who it was by figuring out the people who lived there through generations. Great find, I'd rather have that token than just the coin. It's more of a personal find and meant the world to someone. those tokens can actually be valuable. Great find either way, but I think having it enscribed with initials is more "cool" than having it a plain old coin. U don't see many of these "love tokens" dug for sure

Incredible engraving pattern BTW !

I would much rather find the token, unless of course it was a key date coin. Congrats, that's a nice one.

Congrats on a truly rare find. Here is one I found last year.

Attachments

• DSCN0013 (2).jpg
    DSCN0013 (2).jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 194
Those things are a work of art. Had to be very time consuming to make one.
Congrats on a great find.

HUGE congratulations on the love token:shock:
I collect those, and have over 25 now, but I have not dug one (yet)

once again thanks guys. never expected people back then "abused" (in a good way) their coins like this.
there are still many things i dont know about history - metal detecting provided me with practical knowledge...
i started calling people here in my town and they are overwhelm knowing what ive found.
they promise to give me a hand to locate the family whoever owns this.
also i learned that what i have is used to be a pin that fall off. saw similar for sale on ebay.

Awesome find. I want to find one someday. I kinda did but it is more of a carved coin not a true love token.

Back
Top Bottom