Equinox Bluetooth Issue

markinswpa

Forum Supporter
Anyone running an 800 or 600 ever experience the headphone icon is showing connected but still no sound in the earpiece ?
I always check my equipment before leaving the house including pairing up the headphones I will be using. Sunday was no different but when I put my earbuds on to hunt, no sound. Look down, headphone icon confirms connection but nothing. I turn off the bluetooth, try connecting my Avantrees, same thing no good. Again I try the Ml 80s and nothing. 3 factory resets and I tried all 3 units again. Shutting off bluetooth and restarting each time. I did notice the red&blue lights flashing on the ear pieces indicating still searching. I did give plenty of time for each unit too connect. Now I'm standing out in the hot sun while all this going on, starting to sweat and getting aggravated. I finally said to heck with it and hunted in Factory Park 1 w/ speaker.
Funny thing is when I got home I did another factory reset and all 3 units paired up. Anyone ever experience a failure like this ?
So now its a trust issue if or when it will fail again. This 800 is out of warranty and I happen like this particular machine and don't want to send it off to Minelab for a replacement. If it happens again I'm afraid I will have to. If it was a one time glitch thats one thing but if leaves me driving the convertible again I'll have no choice. Mark

I have experienced this at group hunts where another pair of Bluetooth headphones/earbuds has paired with my Equinox before mine could..........

I have also forgot to turn off Bluetooth on my phone and my Bluetooth earbuds/headphones paired to my phone instead of my Equinox which creates a different issue since it appears that the Nox Bluetooth system is not pairing.

Wireless is great except when it doesn't work which is usually during a timed hunt or a great trip like you had to Missoula MT.

I occasionally have a problem when initially turning the detector and headphones on. They appear to pair up, but I can't hear anything with the head phones. Then sometimes it seems like it takes longer than usual to pair. It's rare but does happen from time to time. It's never been the case they would not pair at all. If I shut the detector and headphones down and started over. It seems like maybe a time or two I had to do the total repairing thing where you hold the headphones button until it flashes red and blue.

One thing I have noticed lately is that my headphones volume seems to automatically be lower than it should be when I turn them on? Like I have to turn the volume back up(On the Headphones) to where I like it every time I use them. Anyway hope you get the problem resolved.

I have experienced this at group hunts where another pair of Bluetooth headphones/earbuds has paired with my Equinox before mine could..........

I have also forgot to turn off Bluetooth on my phone and my Bluetooth earbuds/headphones paired to my phone instead of my Equinox which creates a different issue since it appears that the Nox Bluetooth system is not pairing.

Wireless is great except when it doesn't work which is usually during a timed hunt or a great trip like you had to Missoula MT.

Mac thanks for the response. I have not made it to Missoula yet but I wouldn't mind, seems a lot of silver being dug out there. The thought of a stronger bluetooth signal in the area had not occurred to me but I guess quite possible. My phone had never been a issue before but if it happens again I will check to see if that is the case. I had another problem a while back , the bluetooth button failed to operate and Minelab replaced the pod. That is now my backup. The other I've had since Apr. of 18 when Minelab sent it as a replacement for the one I got in Feb. I wish I had never sent that one back. Call me superstitious but I think the first batch to come out are better than the ones there cranking out these days. Again thanks for your input, Mark

I occasionally have a problem when initially turning the detector and headphones on. They appear to pair up, but I can't hear anything with the head phones. Then sometimes it seems like it takes longer than usual to pair. It's rare but does happen from time to time. It's never been the case they would not pair at all. If I shut the detector and headphones down and started over. It seems like maybe a time or two I had to do the total repairing thing where you hold the headphones button until it flashes red and blue.

One thing I have noticed lately is that my headphones volume seems to automatically be lower than it should be when I turn them on? Like I have to turn the volume back up(On the Headphones) to where I like it every time I use them. Anyway hope you get the problem resolved.

Longbow thanks for the response. Lately I have also noticed a change in volume when I turn it back on. For me its louder though but definitely not at the level I left. it.
This is the first time I experienced this issue and tried several times to get them to pair. Mac made good point on possibly a stronger bluetooth signal in the area.
For me the only time it takes a little long to pair is when I shut down the bluetooth and pair a different ear piece. I do this at home so when I do get in the field I have quick link up. Like I said I hope this was just a hiccup. Good luck, Mark

IMO this is classic Nox POD loosing communication with pairing device.
I have sent my pod in to Minelab numerous times for this while under warranty.
Its not a consistant thing but very erratic.
Youll be swinging and be quiet. Then you happen to look down and see numbers flashing. Wat$@#!@. Then you get sound back and all is good?
Then you see it happen a week later....... Mean while IMO this is likely happening all along and you are passing up desirables.
I think this is more common thing that is happening to a lot of us, if we realize it or not. Its happening more than you would think. Ive tried few things to remedy this, and like it or not it still happens.

Why does my BT headphones drop out than come back? Minelab tech said he had it paired for about 45 minutes and suddenly dropped out.

Grr Jer

This happens to me alot, if it shows its connected and there's no audio, I push the bluetooth button on the nox and re-pair. Usually comes right on after that. Only time the volume on my headphones change is when the equinox battery Indicator starts to flash. I'm using the miccus headphones (basically the same thing) not sure if it makes any difference.

I make it a point to turn my headphones on, then my detector and I’m GTG, otherwise I’ll have to turn both off and start over.

IMO this is classic Nox POD loosing communication with pairing device.
I have sent my pod in to Minelab numerous times for this while under warranty.
Its not a consistant thing but very erratic.
Youll be swinging and be quiet. Then you happen to look down and see numbers flashing. Wat$@#!@. Then you get sound back and all is good?
Then you see it happen a week later....... Mean while IMO this is likely happening all along and you are passing up desirables.
I think this is more common thing that is happening to a lot of us, if we realize it or not. Its happening more than you would think. Ive tried few things to remedy this, and like it or not it still happens.

Why does my BT headphones drop out than come back? Minelab tech said he had it paired for about 45 minutes and suddenly dropped out.

Grr Jer

Jer other than an occassional crack of static in the Ml80s I've never had any connection issues. Never dropped connection unless I got too far from my machine. This was on initial link up. I'll be curious and aggravated to see if it happens again. Mark

This happens to me alot, if it shows its connected and there's no audio, I push the bluetooth button on the nox and re-pair. Usually comes right on after that. Only time the volume on my headphones change is when the equinox battery Indicator starts to flash. I'm using the miccus headphones (basically the same thing) not sure if it makes any difference.

Jeff thanks for the response. I wasn't aware there are pairing issues with the Equinox but I guess its possible for any device using Bluetooth.

I make it a point to turn my headphones on, then my detector and I’m GTG, otherwise I’ll have to turn both off and start over.

GS Thanks I'll give that a try. Always turned the detector on first only because thats what I read in the manual.
GS just gave it a try, sonofagun it works. They did pair up. Thats the first time I had the machine on since Sunday Good luck, Mark

I'll respond but it might be of little help because I no longer have an Equinox 800. I had mine only a short while last year, and I used their ML80 wireless headphones, not ear buds. When I used it I started up the same as I did with the Vanquish 540's I had at the time, and that was to turn on the wireless Headphones, and then turn on the Detector. When I wanted to shut-down, I first turned off the Detector and then the Headphones. I didn't have a problem with the Equinox or Vanquish when it came to pairing up. They would pir, but it took them a little longer sometimes than my Garrett Apex devices.

GroundSweeper: said:
GS, that's how I did it with my Minelab's, and do it with all three of my Garrett Apex units. Each of them are paired to their own set of MS-3 wireless Z-Lynk Headphones. I always turn the Headphones 'On' first when I start to hunt, and turn them 'Off' last when finished. Never have had a pairing issue, and they connect very quickly.

I haven't been in a Competition Hunt for a few years now, due to health, but if I was I would not want to rely on wireless headphones always working, or working without interruption. Corded would be the way to go.

Monte

GS Thanks I'll give that a try. Always turned the detector on first only because thats what I read in the manual.
GS just gave it a try, sonofagun it works. They did pair up. Thats the first time I had the machine on since Sunday Good luck, Mark

Nice, glad it’s working!

Back
Top Bottom