Quest Metal Detectors

AZMDR

Where are they manufactured? I know they have offices in California and the Netherlands and I believe they bought out a Chinese company - Deteknix?. Some say they are made in the US, others say China. Does anyone know for sure?

thanks

Deteknix is now renamed Quest. Same Chinese Company.
Detectors made by them in China.
Sales office in Calif. Europe distributor in the Netherlands, they are a multi-brand distributor.
Quality built, construction detectors unlike the other cheap, inferior China made detectors.

Sales office in Calif. Europe distributor in the Netherlands, they are a multi-brand distributor.
Quality built, construction detectors unlike the other cheap, inferior China made detectors.

thanks

sven! with your knowledge and expertise in the field,i am 'shocked" that you would state that a chinese detector is a "quality" instrument! ..what could have possessed you to make such a statement? maybe having a bad day! we all do that's for sure! ..i'm just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

sven! with your knowledge and expertise in the field,i am 'shocked" that you would state that a chinese detector is a "quality" instrument! ..what could have possessed you to make such a statement? maybe having a bad day! we all do that's for sure! ..i'm just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Hey j.t.,,,,I had two of those quest machines . Sven says they are quality made, I agree with that. Very well made,very sturdy and actually good craftsmanship.. Not a bad machine at all when compared to what else is out there.. never saw a review of a Quest failing in any way shape or form.

Didn't mean to start any controversy. Just wanted to know if Quest was made in the US.

I had a Quest Pro and was happy with it. I did have some coil issues but they replaced them at no charge. Yes they are made in China but they do have US contacts. The Pro performed very nicely but in my opinion is not as sturdy as my Simplex. I used mine submerged in the river quite a bit and did not have any leaking issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have owned a few so I know the quality of Quest units. If they had a Garrett, Fisher, White's name on the side and said, Made in USA, everyone would be all over them.

Europeans don't care, they love them and are finding treasures. But, for a lot less money than the upper end Quest units, my choice would be to get the Simplex.
https://detectingquest.com/2020/04/...meets-functionality-the-quest-q30-has-landed/

If you have a dealer near you check out the Quest units. Just to satisfy yourself.

I have a very experienced detectorist friend who has the newer Quest Pro, now for a few years. And also, has about 14 detectors of various makes. One being the Simplex. He loves the Pro and keeps the Simplex as a loaner.

Me and a guy I hunt with have the X10s. They are great detectors in every way. The X models aren't heavy duty. They're built as good or better than the bounty hunters. I have a Q30 (listed for sale in the classifieds) and it is built strong and has a great design.

Just bought the X10 for a buddy of mine for his birthday to get him in the hobby.. Great little machine, especially for a first one.. I would've killed to start with something like that 20 years ago lol

I ended up sending Quest an email. This is the response:

'Our products are designed in California U.S.A. and all produced in China.'

Bounty Hunter, Fisher, Garrett, Teknetics and Tesoro are listed online as made in America.

Simplex is a Turkish product. I have one of their diggers and it is very well made.

And my Minelab Vanquish is made in Malaysia. Nice to see China has some electronics competition.

Last edited:
They were very in some legal trouble 5-6 years ago from what I remember which is why they did the name change.

I have owned a few so I know the quality of Quest units. If they had a Garrett, Fisher, White's name on the side and said, Made in USA, everyone would be all over them.

Europeans don't care, they love them and are finding treasures. But, for a lot less money than the upper end Quest units, my choice would be to get the Simplex.
https://detectingquest.com/2020/04/...meets-functionality-the-quest-q30-has-landed/

If you have a dealer near you check out the Quest units. Just to satisfy yourself.

I have a very experienced detectorist friend who has the newer Quest Pro, now for a few years. And also, has about 14 detectors of various makes. One being the Simplex. He loves the Pro and keeps the Simplex as a loaner.
I know this is an old post but......
Which quest pro are you speaking of, x10 or x30?

Back
Top Bottom