Mosquito's

I took this with me tonight, not sure if it's for personal protection because I was in a rush to get to the hunt and didn't bother to read instructions :shock:

100_1225.jpg

It has an igniter like your grill and a chemical pad you replace every 4 hours. Seemed harmless enough and it didn't set my Butt on fire
imagesCAP0KZ4V.jpg

The grill gets a little hot but it was sticking out of my ammo pouch which swings around to my back so who cared. 125 square feet and as slow as we MD'ers move it worked fine! I could see plenty of them around me but they bugged out instead of bitting. Smells like earth, which is kinda cool.

Somebody should read the instructions before useing this like I did. I won't be doing that because of my monkish personality I'll go right for the side effects and would never get good use of anything.

For me here it is Noseeums and deer flies. Listerene actually seems to keep them away for a while.

How do you them to use it...lol... I may try it.. I haven't had anything that works for the no-see-ums.. My Therma-cell works great on the skeeters...

How do you them to use it...lol... I may try it.. I haven't had anything that works for the no-see-ums.. My Therma-cell works great on the skeeters...

As a kid, I used to get bit by chiggers when too close to the ground in the woods. I thought they were the same things as noseeums, but those would not itch until later, and they itch for longer. This year I have been getting bit in tall grass and it starts itching right away and sometimes I see these black inch worm-like things that squish easily, and they stop itching in a couple of hours.

I wonder if they are the same thing and my perspective has just changed that much?

No-see-ums are tiny biting flies that often live near water. You often see many of them swarming together in a cloud. Biting midges are called no-see-ums because they’re so tiny that it is hard to see ‘um. No-see-ums are less than ¼ of an inch long.

Try some bounce sheets. put them at your neck, socks, belt area, this my reduce them. In middle Georgia they use Vick's salve around the ears, eyes to keep insects away. Plus wear a hat. Good luck. (:-O)

Back
Top Bottom