This newbie is hooked

Tuckerjr

I am loving my new Vanquish 540. We went to the beach this weekend and although I didn't get to hunt alot I was able to find my first nickels, a few pennies, a ring, and an earring!

Then this evening I was looking around in the yard, found the highest signal I have seen so far. It was so dark I was using the backlight on the detector. After a bit of digging I found a quarter, it wasn't until I got back into the house that I realized it was a 1941!

Do I have to go to work tomorrow? I want to take the day off and keep detecting...

Attachments

• 20220425_220004.jpg
    20220425_220004.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 227
  • 20220425_074815.jpg
    20220425_074815.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 213
Congrats on the silver Wash. I TOTALLY understand the "do I have to go to work tomorrow" comment. I got in trouble once for taking three hour lunches to metal detect LOL, I just couldn't stop!

Great find on the quarter, especially since it was right in your own yard! I haven't even found a clad quarter in my yard. A few nickels and copper pennies, and everything else junk.

I am loving my new Vanquish 540. We went to the beach this weekend and although I didn't get to hunt alot I was able to find my first nickels, a few pennies, a ring, and an earring!

Then this evening I was looking around in the yard, found the highest signal I have seen so far. It was so dark I was using the backlight on the detector. After a bit of digging I found a quarter, it wasn't until I got back into the house that I realized it was a 1941!

Do I have to go to work tomorrow? I want to take the day off and keep detecting...

Very Nice!!!! Congrats!!!!

Congrats on the finds! I'm the same way about the hobby. It seems I just can't get enough of it. I'm 5 years in and still just as excited about every nice find.

Talk about getting hooked. I found an old 1850's button in my own yard and down the street in a church field i found an old .32 caliber bullet still in the casing which is supposedly around the 1860's time frame. Tons of clad from the 60's, and old metal toy cap gun, old pocket knife, a dog tag(without the dog) lol! I try to show my wife and kids and they think i'm the biggest nerd in town. For me it's not about getting rich it's about history and having something no one else has, and bragging rights of course, lol!

Back
Top Bottom