I found a very productive spot in a park today.

Dan(NM)

Elite Member
I took a day trip today, drove about an hour to go hunt a park that I've been to before. Took me a little while to finally hit a nice hot spot. The area was about 15 ft wide and 30 ft long. Every signal was either a deep wheat or a silver. As you can see my ratio of keepers to clad was extremely high today. I'm running the Equinox 800 in my cherry-picking mode, only digging from zinc's up. The barber quarter was an oddball, this park wasn't founded until 1925. I hunted for about six and a half hours.

Attachments

• IMG_20210929_144130453.jpg
    IMG_20210929_144130453.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 475
  • IMG_20210929_144219791.jpg
    IMG_20210929_144219791.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 469
  • IMG_20210929_131007668.jpg
    IMG_20210929_131007668.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 467
You’ve been doing beyond well lately Dan, it’s all well deserved with the work and time put in. Its surprising how many coins are coming from around the country, and Texas is no exception. I would’ve thought that every piece of public land would’ve been scorched by everybody and everything by now, but apparently that’s just my area.:lol: It’s tough if you run across several duds in a row, but you’ve managed to string together some good ones as of late. Now…just to keep it going! Very nice work!

You’ve been doing beyond well lately Dan, it’s all well deserved with the work and time put in. Its surprising how many coins are coming from around the country, and Texas is no exception. I would’ve thought that every piece of public land would’ve been scorched by everybody and everything by now, but apparently that’s just my area.:lol: It’s tough if you run across several duds in a row, but you’ve managed to string together some good ones as of late. Now…just to keep it going! Very nice work!

Thanks Kevin, when I walk into a spot, I expect it to be like the areas I left in New Mexico, absolutely barren. I would not leave a site until every last high conductor within reach of my machine was gone. I'm amazed by how much has been left behind in the places I've hunted so far. They must not be using a Minelab ;)

A hot spot indeed, Dan, good hunting and nice silvers! There are sweet spots still out there!

You are killing it Dan. Congrats on the shiny and wheat harvest and another stellar hunt. Way to go. Good luck, Mark

Thanks Kevin, when I walk into a spot, I expect it to be like the areas I left in New Mexico, absolutely barren. I would not leave a site until every last high conductor within reach of my machine was gone. I'm amazed by how much has been left behind in the places I've hunted so far. They must not be using a Minelab ;)

I'll bet 99% of Texans are using Garrett. This is good news for the minelab user :laughing: another GREAT outing Dan, congrats!

Nice work. Dang where nowadays do you dig that many old coins in 450 sq feet of park grounds. Must be somewhere like TEXAS for godsake. I don't think I'll come across much of that here in my little postage stamp of a state CT. There is a ton of history here in New England but it seems someone told all the detectorists about that.:roll: Congrats on that nice work Bud. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom