OHIO East Harbor Beach GROUP HUNT August 2nd!

ZeroSum

To allow folks that are driving a ways to get there I figure we'll try to meet up at noon. The best place is probably the NW parking lot by the public beach on the map. If anyone has any questions let me know.

So far 6 people have expressed interest in a group hunt at East Harbor State Park BEACH in Ohio. We are gonna set the date for August 2nd to hopefully allow for some fresh drops and hopefully find some treasure. I verified that no permit is needed and hunting on the beach is fine.

So basically there is a 1 mile long NW public beach that gets a lot of visitors, an area that was washed out years ago by a storm that probably nobody other than Ice Scratcher has visited:p, and a dog friendly boaters beach on the SE end that people walk their dogs on and a lot of boats roll up on the sand bars and drink beer/swim.

Afterwards if anyone is interested there are 2 local restaurants up the road called the Crows Nest and Crabby Joes that both have okay food and bars where anyone that was interested could come for a beer to discuss the hobby or hopefully the treasure we find:cool:

2mhfyqc.jpg

~James

You can count me in, I'm pretty sure...

But that place is pretty sandy, I'm thinking most of the good stuff is unreachable, and there hasn't been a lot of fresh drops yet? Although I could be wrong on either or both... Sounds like a good time to me!!

:pirates:

<*)))>{

You can count me in, I'm pretty sure...

But that place is pretty sandy, I'm thinking most of the good stuff is unreachable, and there hasn't been a lot of fresh drops yet? Although I could be wrong on either or both... Sounds like a good time to me!!

:pirates:

<*)))>{

It is pretty sandy! It was pretty packed on memorial day weekend and a few of the other nice days.

I was thinking sometime in early or mid July might be nice to see if we can pick up a few other people to attend.

I checked the maps of the park. There is a section labeled "Storm damage, no swimming". Is this due to sand loss? If so might be promising.

It is pretty sandy! It was pretty packed on memorial day weekend and a few of the other nice days.

I was thinking sometime in early or mid July might be nice to see if we can pick up a few other people to attend.

Yeah mid summer ought to be better for that place...

Count me in!

<°)))>{

I checked the maps of the park. There is a section labeled "Storm damage, no swimming". Is this due to sand loss? If so might be promising.

It's on my places to look:D The storm damage was over a decade ago I believe. I've seen folks in wet suits before I got into the hobby so it has been hunted to some degree.

It's on my places to look:D The storm damage was over a decade ago I believe. I've seen folks in wet suits before I got into the hobby so it has been hunted to some degree.

Looking at the map now, I can say I've tried hunting that whole area marked as storm damaged... There is no lack of sand there for sure.. I don't think I found even one target to scoop there.. Although conditions can change..

<°)))>{

I'm thinking early August to hopefully allow for some fresh drops.

It's a ways down the road from now but doesn't hurt to plan ahead. How does Sunday August 2nd or Saturday August 8th sound?

A road trip! It would take me about 2hrs..but sounds like fun! Wonder if you need a permit to hunt there? Im thinking its a state park:?:

A road trip! It would take me about 2hrs..but sounds like fun! Wonder if you need a permit to hunt there? Im thinking its a state park:?:

Just called the office and spoke with them. No permit needed for the sand:grin:

They did say absolutely no digging in dirt as they said they cought someone digging up the campground recently which is a big no no I guess.

Might be fun to go to The Crows Nest or Crabby Joes (nearby restaurants) afterwards just to talk about the hobby and any cool treasure.

You can count me in for both the hunt and a drink. I was just there and the storm we had last Sunday washed out 4 feet of sand on the North West End. Hopefully it stirred up some good stuff.

It looks like most of us have at pros. It would be cool to see everyone's settings out on this beach. Last time I hunted it I got a lot of falling with the black sand out there but I was new to my at pro also. I'm looking forward to the hunt.

Sounds fun. Its a work day for me and the remainder of my vacation time may have to go for other things , so its out of the question for me. But I will probably be there in spirit , while Im at work :lol:

Back
Top Bottom