New Garrett Ace 350

I have the Ace 250, I had a Bounty Hunter for a week and returned it. The Ace 250 is, what I'm calling, my 2nd MD while I look and wait for a unit that has good frequency range for gold prospecting, beach/salt, while doing the normal park stuff of coins, relics, jewelry. We do have meteorites in our state, as well.

So I'm looking, reading reviews, etc. to find my true MD. I'm also looking for an under water unit for mainly jewelry during the hot summer days.

The Ace 250 is great. It has problems where the Ace 350 sounds like it might correct the Iron discrimination issue's of the 250. And the coil, with narrow slice sweeping, will help with multiple targets. I've read that people with the Ace 250 buy a sniper coil and love it so much, it seems that 250 is a whole new machine. I hope Garrett has a winner on their hands. If they fix the Iron issue, the multiple target, the salt/beach issue, all of this, while still getting good depth, the Ace 350 could be, for it's price, a super machine.

For the price of 1 Minelab Explorer SE Pro at $1200, I could buy 4 Ace 350's. And since I've been told to dig everything, from foil that looks like platinum to pulltabs that look like gold, why spend more.

If a machine can tell you it's a pull tab 100% or it's a gold ring 100%, then save your money and buy that machine and it will be the only machine you will ever need on land. But as long as there's even a 25% chance the machine is wrong, you could be passing up gold, etc. I do know that a gold ring next to another metal will give a different signal, so how can anyone know 100% what is really in the ground?

Since winter is probably not the best time to buy a metal detector, there should be some good sales. Wait till a few have the Ace 350, read reviews, and then look for winter specials. I hope to get a water unit this winter.

Since July 1 2010, my take is 7 rings, 1 silver bracelet, a couple ear rings and about $22 in coin. Go slow, be patient, and do areas in quadrants and you will find stuff!

Sorry for long post. The Ace 350 "should" be an awesome unit and worth every dollar more, "if" Garrett fixed some minor issue's of the 250.

It has nothing to do with testing first, all manufactures test their stuff before its released, but the real true test is when the masses test it and use it in different areas, under different conditions with different levels of handling. Some people are rougher on equipment than others etc. Of course Garrett tested their equipment before they release it, but there is only so much you can test and for only a certain time frame under laboratory conditions etc. That's all I'm saying.

Exactly...

I'm a buyer for the 350 but probably not for a few more months at the earliest. I'm going to upgrade my sons 150 to a 350 and still keep my 250. I figure the economic loss on the 250 is not worth the few upgrades to get another 350.

Yes that's sage advice. I personally wouldn't bother upgrading to a 350 if I had a 250, an ACE 150 okay sure. It's only an upgrade but perhaps a significantly good one, and for me it will probably have all the bells and whistles I need at a decent price.

Like you I'm going see what happens in the first wave of buys and reviews. It's a struggle because I want to get cracking now, but patience, as they say, is a virtue.

I have the Ace 250, I had a Bounty Hunter for a week and returned it. The Ace 250 is, what I'm calling, my 2nd MD while I look and wait for a unit that has good frequency range for gold prospecting, beach/salt, while doing the normal park stuff of coins, relics, jewelry. We do have meteorites in our state, as well.

So I'm looking, reading reviews, etc. to find my true MD. I'm also looking for an under water unit for mainly jewelry during the hot summer days.

The Ace 250 is great. It has problems where the Ace 350 sounds like it might correct the Iron discrimination issue's of the 250. And the coil, with narrow slice sweeping, will help with multiple targets. I've read that people with the Ace 250 buy a sniper coil and love it so much, it seems that 250 is a whole new machine. I hope Garrett has a winner on their hands. If they fix the Iron issue, the multiple target, the salt/beach issue, all of this, while still getting good depth, the Ace 350 could be, for it's price, a super machine.

For the price of 1 Minelab Explorer SE Pro at $1200, I could buy 4 Ace 350's. And since I've been told to dig everything, from foil that looks like platinum to pulltabs that look like gold, why spend more.

If a machine can tell you it's a pull tab 100% or it's a gold ring 100%, then save your money and buy that machine and it will be the only machine you will ever need on land. But as long as there's even a 25% chance the machine is wrong, you could be passing up gold, etc. I do know that a gold ring next to another metal will give a different signal, so how can anyone know 100% what is really in the ground?

Since winter is probably not the best time to buy a metal detector, there should be some good sales. Wait till a few have the Ace 350, read reviews, and then look for winter specials. I hope to get a water unit this winter.

Since July 1 2010, my take is 7 rings, 1 silver bracelet, a couple ear rings and about $22 in coin. Go slow, be patient, and do areas in quadrants and you will find stuff!

Sorry for long post. The Ace 350 "should" be an awesome unit and worth every dollar more, "if" Garrett fixed some minor issue's of the 250.

Hey, if your looking for a Saltwater/Beach Detector, get an Excal II. There is nothing else worth using in my book! It does it all and gets really good depth. Works great on land as well.

ACE 350 in stock

I finally bit the bullet and ordered the ACE350. It's out now but currently coming out in dribs and drabs. Don't know if I can mention a company, but I ordered mine from Texas Premium Detectors. They did a good deal for me. Seeing that I'm overseas (OZ) I was able to get free postage for a certain spend. So got myself a sniper coil as well, which basically ended being free of charge because the postage was free. A much better deal for us foreigners seeing that postage appears to be $50-80 depending where you look. Might be a good idea for fellow OZers (and others) who recognise the inflated prices we pay here for Garrett and other brands.

I finally bit the bullet and ordered the ACE350. It's out now but currently coming out in dribs and drabs. Don't know if I can mention a company, but I ordered mine from Texas Premium Detectors. They did a good deal for me. Seeing that I'm overseas (OZ) I was able to get free postage for a certain spend. So got myself a sniper coil as well, which basically ended being free of charge because the postage was free. A much better deal for us foreigners seeing that postage appears to be $50-80 depending where you look. Might be a good idea for fellow OZers (and others) who recognise the inflated prices we pay here for Garrett and other brands.

Sweet, looks like that is going to be a nice detector. Let us know how you like it, give a review on it after you had time to play with it.

Best of luck! HH.

This was posted by a Garrett dealer, on UKDetectornet.

Just a little heads up for anyone who has seen posts regarding these two machines, I'm getting all sorts of requests for Ace 350 and having looked around there are quite a few self proclaimed experts who have absolutely no idea what they are going on about :lol:

The Facts:

Ace 350 is for US markets only, it is based on Ace 250 but with new coil and slightly higher frequency up from 6.5 to 8.25 Khz.

EuroACE is for European markets only, no it's not just a 350 with different stickers THE CIRCUIT BOARD IS DIFFERENT FROM ACE 350, we have very different needs over here and the Euro version has the iron discrim range expanded to suit our needs better.

If you put the new coil on an Ace 250 will it be the same as a 350 or EuroACE ? NO, the frequency is different, whilst it will improve the 250 it will not make it a Euro or 350.

I finally bit the bullet and ordered the ACE350.

I Ordered one too from Kellyco, Still no word whether or not its shipped.

As I'm new to the sport I thought this would be the perfect beginners detector.
Might get another one next year, maybe something like an Infinium.

You'd think the big suppliers would get them in stock first ...

I might make a youtube video when I get mine to show how it performs etc

Grrrr the waiting is killing me...:D

ACE 350 in stock

I Ordered one too from Kellyco, Still no word whether or not its shipped.

As I'm new to the sport I thought this would be the perfect beginners detector.
Might get another one next year, maybe something like an Infinium.

You'd think the big suppliers would get them in stock first ...

I might make a youtube video when I get mine to show how it performs etc

Grrrr the waiting is killing me...:D

I'm sure all is okay. Just sounds like it's coming in slow to start. With Texas Premium Detectors, he shipped it the same day I paid for it. I wasn't satisfied enough with Kellyco from an overseas perspective. Postage was an issue they wouldn't drop the price even if I sacrificed their 'extras'. So I took my business elsewhere.

Sweet, looks like that is going to be a nice detector. Let us know how you like it, give a review on it after you had time to play with it.

Best of luck! HH.

Thanks and will do. Not sure how much I can contribute seeing that this will be the first ACE detector and I have nothing to compare it to, but we'll see!

Garrett ACE350 review - first blush

This is my first metal detector, and I won't try to pretend to give a full professional account of the 350 because I'm in the early stages of fully testing it out.
My feeling so far, though, is that this is not a revolutionary upgrade of the 250, but more a bit of a moderate tweak. The coil is welcomed, and iron discrimination is fine but it's not very significant: you just have a few more notches to eliminate iron at various levels of sensitivity. I've got the feeling that the upgrade was conservative and done in purpose. And I think I know why.
They've leap-frogged the ACE and put all their real "revolutionary" upgrades into the Garrett AT Pro but at US$300 more the ACE350!
For someone like me who was thinking of whether to buy the 250 or 350, I think it was a good choice to get this 250 upgrade, and it IS simply an upgrade.
You should seriously think about whether you want to spend more money if your ALREADY have an ACE 250. Personally, I wouldn't do it because the upgrade is not significant enough to warrant it.
If I was really itching for a real upgrade, looks like the AT Pro would do the job, but, at about US$600 this personally prices me out.
Anyway, I'll keep on testing the 350, happy in the knowledge that I have an upgraded ACE 250 that has good street credibility.

Last edited:
Thank you for your account on your first contact with the Ace350.

It is a start and will serve new and old users well.

Hello All! I picked up a Garrett Ace 350 with the DD coil on EBay for just $225 today. I think I got a good deal. Has anyone had problems or Issues with the Garrett ACE 350 Metal Detector? I think it may have a very similar Printed Circuit Board as the Garrett AT PRO? The display is very similar on the 350 as the Garrett AT Pro. Regards John

Still looking

Now that some time has passed, I'm wondering how folks are feeling about the ACE 350.

I've a Bounty Hunter Tracker IV that has served me well as my first machine for over five years. I'm doing more detecting on salt water beaches these days and am looking for an inexpensive (<$300) machine that can do salt wet sand. The Tracker IV does okay in dry sand, but is almost useless in the wet sand, which is half of the beach.

The Ace 350 claims to have a mode for this. Now that the Ace 350 has been out for a while, I'm wondering how well it's doing? The Bounty Hunter Platinum also has a manual ground balance, any thoughts on that?

I'm also wondering if an old, used PI machine might not be a good investment? Does anyone have an out-dated make and model that they could recommend as something worth getting for a basic PI machine?

When I called Kelly to buy 2 350s last month their salesperson actually talked me into buying the 250s. I have been very happy with them.
I just bought an Ultimate 13" coil for one of them. I think I like it but have asked for feedback from other owners. Also just ordered a sniper.

350 is a great starter machine! Was and is my first real MD, found lots of cool stuff and of coarse scrape too... Had since 4/8/12, and have not had one problem!!! Now knowing a little more about MD. I would go with a machine that has VDI # & MAN. GB as upgrades! Love the 350, awesome turn on & go MD. The sniper coil is great for the trashy areas.:yes:

Back
Top Bottom