The FBI Files: Dents Run Civil War Gold

Read the Atlantic article by Chris Heath. ....

Here is some interesting reading.....

The FBI would have saved themselves a bunch of time and money, if they had simply been as skeptical as these articles like these provide. Then they'd have just told Dennis to "go pound sand" years ago. Ie.: Told him: "No you can't dig , and no we're not interested"

Naturally Dennis would have construed that as absolute proof that a treasure was there (and that the govt. is trying to "hide it" by saying "no"). But at least they would have saved themselves a big headache.

Wasn't Dennis the same joker years ago, that tried to get permission to dig up a civil war grave in a Historic CW monument park somewhere ? Claiming there was $$ in the grave. Yup, the plot of the Clint Eastwood spaghetti western. And.... surprise surprise: The park people said "no".

That is just crazy that no one did their homework ahead of time on the nature of Dennis's past, and the nature/origin of this story. They would have saved a bunch of taxpayer $$. And now their perpetual headaches of fighting off Dennis' legal battles !!

And to add to the misery, this topic has gotten guys kicked off a fairly good forum. I admit that I'm a brash loudmouth and ... uh ... "outspoken" on certain md'ing topics, sure. :roll: But the more I read this summary, the more I realize that this is a topic that darned-well-SHOULD have been discussed. It is not a subjective matter to which-reasonable-people disagree. It's an OBJECTIVE matter to which there is a true-side to the debate. And it has serious consequence and expense in the balance. (Not to mention making md'rs look like a bunch of nuts to the general public. Very embarrassing :mad: )

goDeep, if you ever come through CA, I've got a cold 12-pack of your favorite brew waiting for you. :roll:

This from Bank it or Bust it? An Examination of the Dents Run Gold Treasure Legend:

"A railroad existed at this time to transport cargo from West Virginia to Philadelphia and it went straight through Dents Run. It makes one wonder why you would use primitive wagons?"

Hmmm, it makes me wonder if the Plaintiff read this article and got his gears spinning when he recently wrote his "WHAT IF" post on the FinderKeeper FB page. The one where he conveniently says WHAT IF the treasure came up from the south on the railroad to make a stop in Dents Run. All those wagon stories be damned, we need more horsepower to carry that 7 to 9 tons.

Here is some interesting reading. My apologies to those who may have seen this before but for those who haven't, its an excellent recap and debunking of two fictional stories surrounding the tale. Enjoy!

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/bank...fKTuU4VIkL9ChNNLLz6MXoAloExOGR3p0YfPaCQH5qHfk

Excellent link, i read the whole thing!

They're always trying to talk about where the alleged gold came from when they haven't even established gold was found, let alone had it forensically examined to determine its origin.

This from Bank it or Bust it? An Examination of the Dents Run Gold Treasure Legend:

"A railroad existed at this time to transport cargo from West Virginia to Philadelphia and it went straight through Dents Run. It makes one wonder why you would use primitive wagons?"

Hmmm, it makes me wonder if the Plaintiff read this article and got his gears spinning when he recently wrote his "WHAT IF" post on the FinderKeeper FB page. The one where he conveniently says WHAT IF the treasure came up from the south on the railroad to make a stop in Dents Run. All those wagon stories be damned, we need more horsepower to carry that 7 to 9 tons.

Thats a good catch. Yeah, i noticed he's now indicating it came in on train, just making wildly speculative claims.

The FBI would have saved themselves a bunch of time and money, if they had simply been as skeptical as these articles like these provide. Then they'd have just told Dennis to "go pound sand" years ago. Ie.: Told him: "No you can't dig , and no we're not interested"

Naturally Dennis would have construed that as absolute proof that a treasure was there (and that the govt. is trying to "hide it" by saying "no"). But at least they would have saved themselves a big headache.

Wasn't Dennis the same joker years ago, that tried to get permission to dig up a civil war grave in a Historic CW monument park somewhere ? Claiming there was $$ in the grave. Yup, the plot of the Clint Eastwood spaghetti western. And.... surprise surprise: The park people said "no".

That is just crazy that no one did their homework ahead of time on the nature of Dennis's past, and the nature/origin of this story. They would have saved a bunch of taxpayer $$. And now their perpetual headaches of fighting off Dennis' legal battles !!

And to add to the misery, this topic has gotten guys kicked off a fairly good forum. I admit that I'm a brash loudmouth and ... uh ... "outspoken" on certain md'ing topics, sure. :roll: But the more I read this summary, the more I realize that this is a topic that darned-well-SHOULD have been discussed. It is not a subjective matter to which-reasonable-people disagree. It's an OBJECTIVE matter to which there is a true-side to the debate. And it has serious consequence and expense in the balance. (Not to mention making md'rs look like a bunch of nuts to the general public. Very embarrassing :mad: )

goDeep, if you ever come through CA, I've got a cold 12-pack of your favorite brew waiting for you. :roll:

Thank you sir, i like a cold beer now and then!

I think what happened is they just happened to stumble upon the right agent at the right time, who got himself a case of "gold fever" after that most questionable Enviroscan was done. 20 years ago, might have been a different agent in charge who just laughed at the prospect of it all.

Last edited:
..... They're always trying to talk about where the alleged gold came from when they haven't even established gold was found, let alone.....

Reminds me of Oak Island, where rabbit trail debates ensue about where gold could have come from, motives of persons, how deep manpower can dig a tunnel to, and ..... all sorts of rabbit trails of debate. And at a certain point you have to stop and ask yourself : WAIT A MINUTE !! ?? Who even said there was any gold, in-the-first place ? There's not even a speck of gold yet, but people are debating the origin and purpose of "it", blah blah blah ? :?:

Somebody explain to me how these two statements aren't lies of omission (if not outright lies) and intentionly misleading his audience?

"The paperwork we got from their files could prove a LOT MORE (gold) was removed."

"The info we are getting from the files just helps our case."

Excuse me? The info in the file just helps your case?! On what planet is he living? The files have totally and completely eviscerated your claims, your case and your credibility to boot.

The good thing is, this case will soon be over. There will not be another lawsuit, despite his claims to the contrary. If by some miracle he can scrape together the legal fees to bring one, it'll be dismissed in short order for lack of evidence.

amoregold.jpg

Who forged the Enviroscan site map if not Plaintiff? Plaintiff didn't deny the map was colored in blue to indicate high density (potential precious metals) over his scan areas, only that it wasn't him who did it. (see posts #133-135) Which leaves the question, if not him, then who did?

This is a bit speculatory on my part, but there is some circumstantial evidence to support my theory.

This is the forged map Plaintiff posted. Note how it appears to be a picture taken of the map off a computer screen and Plaintiff confirmed himself that it was a picture of screen he took:

dentsfksalteredmap.jpg

Now, several months later, when the official color map was released, Plaintiff was asked to post it, his first version of it he posted, he cut off the color coded key, but note again, it clearly appears to be a picture taken of a computer screen:

dentsrunofficialmap.jpg

After he was called out for not posting up the full official map with key, he relented and posted it up. This time it appears to be a screen shot and it appears to be on an email page, meaning he received it from someone:

dentsrunsofficialmap (2).jpg

Lastly, look closely in the upper right corner i zoomed in on. The avatar is a picture of Warren Getler, Plaintiffs associate who did the press conference. Note how it also says "Warren"

Conclusion: It's not ironclad, but when Plaintiff was so adamant about claiming it wasn't him who colored the map in, i believe him. Seeing how Warren Getler has so entrenched himself in this case and the emails (and the official 2nd colored map) appear to be coming from Warren Getler, it's not a stretch to think it was Warren Getler who forged the first map and sent it to Plaintiff. You be the judge:

acloseupwarren.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting stuff here. if things actually point the way they look, seems Warren has some sort of reason to keep this going.

Interesting stuff here. if things actually point the way they look, seems Warren has some sort of reason to keep this going.

Yeah, i wouldn't doubt he's writing another book. He's into the KGC and he appears to be promoting, without even verifying if any gold was actually found, let alone where it came from, that it's somehow KGC gold.

He self identifies as an "investigative journalist", but if he's missing the overwhelming evidence in this case, it's intentional and he has his own narrative to promote. Explains why Dennis and Getler may be mutually beneficial to each other and hooked up for this fantasy tour, though you'd think at some point Warren would realize tying himself to Dennis is only hurting his reputation.

Last edited:
Dishonest = liar…….anyone who has followed finderskeeper’s posts on the other site in regards to all of the history shattering finds he has claimed to unearth has experienced his dishonesty a multitude of times.

I’m hoping he is finally exposed in a national news publication or tv news show.

Last edited:
.... a multitude of time....

Yes, this is not the first "fabulous treasure" he claims to have found. Right ?

And when I say "found" (past tense) I do not mean that a single red cent surfaced :roll: I mean "found" as in: Knows where it's buried. But durned that govt. red-tape after all :wow: That keeps us all from simply going out there and digging it up (or someone stole it, blah blah)

Yes, I "find" fabulous treasures like that all-the-time too ! :roll:

Further documented incidents of possible false statements by Plaintiff:

One thing you learn in LE, when subjects aren't being honest, they forget what they've previously said and can't keep their story straight. You'll see their story change over time as they can no longer keep track of what they've said that was true or false and their story will invariably contradict itself.

- On 10/14/2018 Plaintiff clearly states that they never told the FBI about the alleged Indian Skeleton in the cave, quote, "Did we tell the FBI about the Indian Skeleton, NO, because we have no more proof" See Exhibit 1

The following year, evidently forgetting their previous testimony:

- On 3/13/2019 Plaintiff testifies when asked about whether the FBI was possibly investigating the Skeleton with a crutch in the cave, quote, "I am sure they could get to it (the skeleton) from the back of the cave, I told them that and sent them pictures. What they did when they got to it?? Did they remove any coins, artifacts, bones" See Exhibit 2

Conclusion, it matters not which one is true or which one is the lie, by default, one of those statements was Plaintiff being untruthful.

Exhibit 1:

askeleton1.jpg

Exhibit 2:

askelton2.jpg

Last edited:
Ah, yes, the most ridiculous part of the story! "We found an Indian skeleton in a cave and sent the pics to the FBI!" Where are those pics, guys? Feel free to share them with us any time you like! Hilarious story!

.... "We found an Indian skeleton in a cave and .....

.... the alleged Indian Skeleton in the cave, ....

Ah yes : No good treasure legend would be complete, if it didn't have a skeleton thrown in there somewhere, for good measure. :roll:

Someone has watched one-too-many episodes of : Raiders of the Lost Ark, + The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. :shock:

Other essential elements to any-good-treasure legends are: Booby traps, insane depths, insane value amounts, cryptogram -cipher clues, tips-of-iceberg finds, conspiracies, dowsing or LRLs, etc......

Ah, yes, the most ridiculous part of the story! "We found an Indian skeleton in a cave and sent the pics to the FBI!" Where are those pics, guys? Feel free to share them with us any time you like! Hilarious story!

These are his pictures of the "skeleton" and the "crutch". Even these blurry pictures are so obviously just sticks and debris, its not even funny. I will say this, he has quite the imagination when he wants something to confirm his beliefs but has absolutely no imagination when other ideas to explain something contradict his beliefs.

Did he tell the FBI about the skeleton or not? I will say, the FBI makes no mention of any possible Native American remains or bones/skeleton in the warrant or anywhere in the file that i could find. Either way, doesn't matter, I wouldn't get caught up in debating whether they were sticks or bones, as that's what he wants, to distract you. His statement that he told the FBI about the skeleton and his statement that he didn't tell them about the skeleton are exact opposites, so one of them was a lie.

Writing on the pictures is by Plaintiff:

dentsskeleton4.jpg
dentsskeleton5.jpg
dentsskeleton3.jpg

Last edited:
Never saw those before! Sorry, not a skull and not a skeleton. I guess he sees what he wants to see, like when I think all the 18 year old cashiers are flirting with me! They all call me honey or sweetie now, so they must want me! Lol!

Those pics hardly define anything close to a "living area" for the supposed skeleton. Seems like only space enough for some spiders and earthworms. Incidentally, FK once said the psychic told him that baby snakes would lead him to the gold and low and behold, they encountered earthworms (which he says represent baby snakes) in the gully under the rock. This must have been a sure sign to him that they were in the right spot. Can't make this stuff up!

According to the affidavit for warrant to seize the gold, the investigator wrote: “we will have an Archaeologist who is familiar with this area, generally, on site during the operation to provide expert guidance on the methods and techniques used to recover the United States property as well as any other artifacts or items of significant cultural and/or scientific value.” This is yet another example of the investigators following proper procedures and protocol as well as respecting history and the PA DCNR.

The discovery of any human remains would surely have derailed the search or seizure of any gold. The operation would have slowed considerably and probably would have required them to get an open-ended extension of the warrant. But nevertheless, I think they were prepared for the possibility of encountering such remains.

We don’t know who this Archeologist is by name or organization but according to the Sign-In log sheets, there is someone who signed in 3/13/18 and 3/14/18 using the acronym NPS. Could this be an Archeologist from the National Park Service? It wouldn’t be out of the ordinary for the two to work together. Here is a link to a video demonstrating that the two have collaborated in investigations as early as 2016:

https://www.fbi.gov/video-repositor...vice-in-excavation-of-civil-war-era-site/view

Last edited:
Seems like only space enough for some spiders and earthworms. Incidentally, FK once said the psychic told him that baby snakes would lead him to the gold and low and behold, they encountered earthworms (which he says represent baby snakes) in the gully under the rock. This must have been a sure sign to him that they were in the right spot. Can't make this stuff up!

Considering 99.99% of voids under rocks have worms and/or snakes in them, I'd have been seriously reconsidering the clairvoyance of this psychic.

Last edited:
.... Incidentally, FK once said the psychic told him that baby snakes would lead him to the gold ....

Remember all the snakes scenes in the Harrison Ford movie series ?

I can't help but think that Dennis is subconsciously building his Dents Run script after having watched one-too-many re-runs of Raiders of the Lost Ark, and Good-Bad-&-Ugly movie. It's reading like the script of all-the-other ghost story legends and Hollywood fantasies. :roll:

Back
Top Bottom