Nox Upgrade!!!

I updated mine today and then took it out for a short while. So far I havent really noticed anything different except pennies reading like clad dimes and clad dimes reading like silver dimes. :?:

I dug two pennies at 25-26 consistent ( no others dug ) and two clad dimes 26-27 consistent ( no others dug )......normally they have been known to bounce that high at times but not consistently.

That's what I've noticed as well. VDI numbers just like silver dimes, but all I dug were clad. It's only happening in Park2 on my 600. Park1 shows a clad dime at 25, and a silver dime a 26 consistent.

Park 2 calls both dimes a consistent 25 VDI on my Nox600. I can live with that. I like Park1 anyway.

I was actually getting readings from 26-27 on several 4-6 inch clad dimes yesterday, and I was very hopeful that I had a silver dime. Just all clad. Silver and clad on surface coins here at home, indicate clad numbers, as mentioned earlier.

It's too early to tell what a virgin undug silver dime from the ground really reads after the update. I do like the update so far.

I updated mine today and then took it out for a short while. So far I havent really noticed anything different except pennies reading like clad dimes and clad dimes reading like silver dimes. :?:

I dug two pennies at 25-26 consistent ( no others dug ) and two clad dimes 26-27 consistent ( no others dug )......normally they have been known to bounce that high at times but not consistently.
In the very wet soil here lately I got those numbers before the update. I think there are a lot of variables causing vdi discrepancies. I will try mine out soon and report back as well.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

A recommendation here to some folks.

If you have a lap top. Download the utility and take along with you and you’re updafe cable if you aren’ttoo far off the beaten path

Mark you a few targets like coins and do a good job sweeping around and watching ID, etc.

Then reload older version software and check these targets.

Then reload new update and check again.

Remember your saved settings not disturbed when loading software version.

It would be interesting to see what folks come up with, and will no doubt maybe show how the 2 versions react and show ID.

Just takes a few moments to load versions.

Maybe even start a thread here where folks can document the differences they see when comparing the 2 versions.

I’ll start the thread, then folks can post their comments as far as what they see.

I think that is a GREAT idea. I'm sure those with test gardens, I'm looking at your Calabash, can do that pre and post compare pretty easily.

BCD

A recommendation here to some folks.

If you have a lap top. Download the utility and take along with you and you’re updafe cable if you aren’ttoo far off the beaten path

Mark you a few targets like coins and do a good job sweeping around and watching ID, etc.

Then reload older version software and check these targets.

Then reload new update and check again.

Remember your saved settings not disturbed when loading software version.

It would be interesting to see what folks come up with, and will no doubt maybe show how the 2 versions react and show ID.

Just takes a few moments to load versions.

Maybe even start a thread here where folks can document the differences they see when comparing the 2 versions.

...... So far I havent really noticed anything different except pennies reading like clad dimes and clad dimes reading like silver dimes. .......

Mine already did that, but so did my CTX, and so did my E-Trac. Its never a constant thing, probably a combination of ground moisture, minerals, EMI and noise cancel settings. I've had pennies read like quarters. Probably has something to the with surrounding targets as well.

I downloaded both the MAC and PC versions to a thumb drive at work, brought it home and attempted to use the MAC first but my MAC notebook had an OS version that was too old. I tried the PC laptop with Windows 7 and of course had to use the XP compatibility mode and it worked like a charm. I just received my EQ 600 on Tuesday; right out of the box, I put the Deano’s display cover on and installed some Vet Wrap to the grip. Now I have installed the update and not sure when I will get to take it out for its maiden voyage. Thunderstorms for the upcoming weekend then some overtime next week at work.:roll:

Mine already did that, but so did my CTX, and so did my E-Trac. Its never a constant thing, probably a combination of ground moisture, minerals, EMI and noise cancel settings. I've had pennies read like quarters. Probably has something to the with surrounding targets as well.

Yep. One thing I've learned in my short metal detecting career is that nothing is always precise when detecting. There's probably dozens if not hundreds of factors that could change the readings.

I downloaded both the MAC and PC versions to a thumb drive at work, brought it home and attempted to use the MAC first but my MAC notebook had an OS version that was too old. I tried the PC laptop with Windows 7 and of course had to use the XP compatibility mode and it worked like a charm. I just received my EQ 600 on Tuesday; right out of the box, I put the Deano’s display cover on and installed some Vet Wrap to the grip. Now I have installed the update and not sure when I will get to take it out for its maiden voyage. Thunderstorms for the upcoming weekend then some overtime next week at work.:roll:

Be careful about that cover. This display is susceptible to heat, and many people using those covers have report their displays blanking out. Seems to happen most in heat + sunlight.

Completed the update firmware, quick and easy. Went out this morning and gave it a shot.. I guess I'm still too novice at this to notice any perceivable differences from old to new firmware...

But I do notice the unit being a lot lighter though... ;)

Still getting the "Low to high" pin point volume after upgrade.
I wonder if going back to old software and updating again will help? Possibly update wasn't fully successful? Others have said pin pointing was fixed and some say it's not so that makes me wonder if update sometimes does not fully work? Just a thought.

I wonder if going back to old software and updating again will help? Possibly update wasn't fully successful? Others have said pin pointing was fixed and some say it's not so that makes me wonder if update sometimes does not fully work? Just a thought.

Update on both my units went fine with no troubles. I do believe there is some noticeable performance gain but this pin point low/high is just there still.
I will take my EQ600 back to the original software and reupdate as you suggest and see if that makes any difference.

UpGrayedd? WTH! With two D's Like for a double dose of pimpyness? I just bought this damned thing! Shoulda known better! Minelab! :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom