Hilton Head

shinythings

Found some mixed information on hunting on a beach in Hilton Head. Anyone have the definitive answer if I can hunt there?

All salt water beaches in South Carolina are Public. The problem on places like Kiawah and Hilton Head are gaining access to beaches that have gated communities bordering them. There are places on Hilton Head that one can gain parking and access to the beach and these are the places that get pounded daily by folks with detectors.

FWIW, we were in OBX for the week of July 4th and didn't see one MD'r for 6-days/nights. I was shocked!

Normally, yes, the place gets routinely detected, but I was shocked during the holiday.

All salt water beaches in South Carolina are Public. The problem on places like Kiawah and Hilton Head are gaining access to beaches that have gated communities bordering them. There are places on Hilton Head that one can gain parking and access to the beach and these are the places that get pounded daily by folks with detectors.

I am going to be at the Disney Resort so I'll have access to the beach that way. Maybe I need to call the resort and ask.

Back
Top Bottom