Whites TRX Pinpointer

flphil

Forum Sponsor
The TRX is an awesome pointer.
It floats - I was testing the weatherproof feature in a bucket of water. Had to put a brick on it to hold under water 20 mins. - still works great!
Ratchet pinpoint - to be able to adjust the the detection field from over 4" to 1/2 is awesome.
I have compared it to the old Whites Bullseye 2, Profind, Propointer, Pistol Probe, TRX is hands down the best hand held pin pointer on the market today.

I haven't had a chance to do a video but should have 1 up by the weekend. HH, phil

Thanks a lot Phil! Looking forward to mine. Some days thumb arthritis and a pistol probe don't mix. Gonna be giving the TRX a real workout!

The TRX is an awesome pointer.
It floats - I was testing the weatherproof feature in a bucket of water. Had to put a brick on it to hold under water 20 mins. - still works great!
Ratchet pinpoint - to be able to adjust the the detection field from over 4" to 1/2 is awesome.
I have compared it to the old Whites Bullseye 2, Profind, Propointer, Pistol Probe, TRX is hands down the best hand held pin pointer on the market today.

I haven't had a chance to do a video but should have 1 up by the weekend. HH, phil

you saying its waterproof phil? If so, I will buy one in a heartbeat....I was really interested in it but then I read a post somewhere stating it wasnt waterprooof...

No it's not waterproof it's weatherproof. Which means you can wash it off in water or drop it in water and it won't hurt it. I think if you poke a hole in the rubber speaker cover it won't be watertight so no jamming pointy obects screwdrivers etc into the speaker cover hole to clean it.
It is an awesome pointer!

We are rating it 'weatherproof' until we get the manufacturing process ironed out. Waterproof is the ultimate goal. Any given unit may or may not leak when fully submerged.

If you want to safely test it, remove the screw in the battery compartment and slide the entire guts out of the plastic. Now you can dunk the body without fear of harming the circuit.

No it's not waterproof it's weatherproof. Which means you can wash it off in water or drop it in water and it won't hurt it. I think if you poke a hole in the rubber speaker cover it won't be watertight so no jamming pointy obects screwdrivers etc into the speaker cover hole to clean it.
It is an awesome pointer!

it looks awesome
P.s.I left you a pm and few cell texts :)

When the TRX first came out, I emailed Whites and one of their reps emailed me back to tell me emphatically it is NOT water proof! As stated, their ad uses the word " weather proof ". I take this to mean casual contact with water ( rain or an accidental quick dunk ) should not hurt it. The rep says it is not to intentionally be used in a water hunting environment.

Carl, Thanks for the info. The pointer IMO is the best on the market. Good Job!
Thanks! phil

When the TRX first came out, I emailed Whites and one of their reps emailed me back to tell me emphatically it is NOT water proof! As stated, their ad uses the word " weather proof ". I take this to mean casual contact with water ( rain or an accidental quick dunk ) should not hurt it. The rep says it is not to intentionally be used in a water hunting environment.

You gonna go diving buy a vibraprobe. But most fan their targets under water. Mine doesn't need to be water proof. Because the lightning in Florida will probably blow your pointer out of your hand:lol:

Hmmm 20 mins under water and still works. All I need is it work 30 seconds r a min under water... Just enuf time to recover my target. may be buying one of these myself instead of the vibra probe.

Sounds like it has no issues in water, they probably can't technically label it waterproof because it hasn't been tested at depth with higher water pressures but it seems for everyday use, and some dunks in water it should be fine. Who really needs a pinpointer at 10foot under water anyway? :grin: I'll have to pick one up this spring.

Sounds like it has no issues in water, they probably can't technically label it waterproof because it hasn't been tested at depth with higher water pressures but it seems for everyday use, and some dunks in water it should be fine. Who really needs a pinpointer at 10foot under water anyway? :grin: I'll have to pick one up this spring.

I wish they would come out with one that you could wash in the sink or use in a creek and still be warrantied if something happened. I don't need anything deeper than a couple feet. I don't want to buy one though and take it apart like Carl said to do above only to have the housing leak and then be no better off..

I wish they would come out with one that you could wash in the sink or use in a creek and still be warrantied if something happened. I don't need anything deeper than a couple feet. I don't want to buy one though and take it apart like Carl said to do above only to have the housing leak and then be no better off..

Phil said there's no issue with dipping it in water and rinsing it off, and I feel if something did happen White's would still fix it. Just claim rain damage. :D I would feel confident to wash it off with a hose or in a stream from what I've read.

Trx

Ya it took me awhile also to adjust to the extra depth and sensitivity, pushing the button to ratchet it down helps. I liked that it would penetrate a large clump whereas my other pinpointers did not have that ability.
It is plenty loud to get thru the big ol V3I whp's (chocolate bagels), vibrate is very strong.
I like the idea of using AA batteries or 9V.
It does take an extra second to turn on and off but I'm in not to big of a hurry when I'm out.
The led light is a little weak it would be nice if it was brighter, the light on the mine lab is 3 times brighter.
The on/off button is nice and big, easy to use with gloves.

All and all a very nice pinpointer

Ya it took me awhile also to adjust to the extra depth and sensitivity, pushing the button to ratchet it down helps. I liked that it would penetrate a large clump whereas my other pinpointers did not have that ability.
It is plenty loud to get thru the big ol V3I whp's (chocolate bagels), vibrate is very strong.
I like the idea of using AA batteries or 9V.
It does take an extra second to turn on and off but I'm in not to big of a hurry when I'm out.
The led light is a little weak it would be nice if it was brighter, the light on the mine lab is 3 times brighter.
The on/off button is nice and big, easy to use with gloves.

All and all a very nice pinpointer

Good review, thanks.

I have used it twice since I purchased mine and the first day I was not to sure about it but after using it for four hours yesterday and getting a better fell for it I really like it! It is going to replace my pro pointer for sure

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom