Beginners luck!(?)

ebone581

Elite Member
Can't say I am brand spanking new. For the last few years I have playing around parks and the such with BH Tracker VI. It was fun, and got me plenty of extra change, and some junk jewelery. But, I thought I'd try getting a little deeper into the hobby. Few weeks back I upgraded, (or at least I was led to believe it was an upgrade) to the Platinum. It seems to be one sensitive machine that i was getting frustrated with. But I been sticking it out. I went to a buddy's house. Built circa 1900. not a big yard, wasn't expecting much. Maybe just some practice. First target was a wheat penny. I figured, hey it's older, and appears the yard hasn't been "hit" Few minutes later I pulled out, not but 2 inches deep, what I thought was some kind of token. Lil finger rub, and the words "one cent" in the middle of the back, surrounded by a wreath. The front was really worn, but I had an idea as to what it was. Lil olive oil and soft brush...1802 large cent. Yup i was excited. If I wasn't hooked on the hobby..I am now.! (few feet over was a 1939 Merc Dime..My first American silver) Too much, too early?? Only one way to find out.. I'm getting back out there!!

Congrats --- if you are hitting virgin territory you might have the mother-lode there

His yard is small.. I hit it hard. Found the two near where they had done some landscaping (put is some bushes) a few years back. Gotta think that explains the depth or lack of to the cent. I want, badly, to scour his neighbors yards. They aren't the most welcoming people. I almost feel bad. I know that was a really good find... when you start up here, there's only one way to go... (but I won't get discouraged)

Thats awesome man glad to hear your hittin a sweet spot. GL&HH..... no pic loaded for me either

Her is the thing.. I am a bit of a technology dumb a$%. I am working on olive oiling her up. Wanted to do a before and after thing. But I am clueless in sending a pic to the threads. (i struggle emailing pic to friends) I would love to share my finds. I see the cool stuff others post. It is inspiring (can anyone hold my hand through posting a pic??)

So just pretend you are teaching a two year old, who happens to have a few pics on his cheap cell phone. What is step 2through completion of task?? (yes, I am that incompetent when it comes to puters)

I'm trying to show the pics... wish me luck!!
attachment

See the little paper clip? Click it.

pic1.jpg

See the browse? Click it.

pic2.jpg

Find your picture. The crying baby is in folder 1005. Click the folder.

pic3.jpg

Click the picture to put the path in the browse field.

pic5.jpg

Click upload. If it worked it will show up below the upload button.

pic6.jpg

Close all that out and go back to the paper clip.
See the little pull down arrow next to the paper clip?
Click it and your picture should be there.

pic7.jpg

Click in the message to put the flashing cursor where you want your pic
and click the pic next to the paper clip.

crying.jpg

I gotta get ready for work!!! :laughing:

Attachments

• pic4.jpg
    pic4.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 526
  • pic8.jpg
    pic8.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 502
The file may be too big. Open Paint...it's under start/accessories. Click file and browse to and open the picture file. Click image>stretch/skew and play with the horizontal/vertical percentages till you have made it small enough to post.

Back
Top Bottom