Your favorite detector?

I honestly think part of the Minelab thingy was faddish.

Meaning a lot of coins found with them could have been found with other detector models.

And yes, if a person finds a lot of coins using a boat anchor-makes the pain go away!

Notice quite a few used to be Minelabbers jumped on the Deus train.
Seems their finds are still a happening.

Now, me saying the above is not to take anything away from the fbs/fbs2 detector model performance.

Fbs/fbs2 detectors I consider very user friendly for getting solo sitting down to 8" deep coins- especially higher conductors.

Let's face it, the Internet (I.e. Detecting forums) likely helped Minelab more than it did White's with marketing.

Now, me saying the above is not to take anything away from the fbs/fbs2 detector model performance.

Honestly sharpshooter, I don't think there is a thing anyone could say that would change the mind of a true FBS user. You see unlike many detectors the E-Trac/CTX just plain work. No matter what anyone has to say to the contrary will never matter because their experience speaks the truth.

That my friend is what separates the FBS from all the rest.

I honestly think part of the Minelab thingy was faddish.

Meaning a lot of coins found with them could have been found with other detector models.

And yes, if a person finds a lot of coins using a boat anchor-makes the pain go away!

Notice quite a few used to be Minelabbers jumped on the Deus train.
Seems their finds are still a happening.

Fbs/fbs2 detectors I consider very user friendly for getting solo sitting down to 8" deep coins- especially higher conductors.

Let's face it, the Internet (I.e. Detecting forums) likely helped Minelab more than it did White's with marketing.

It was the treasure Quest, snake island show where they back packed the heavy CTX all overs Hells half acre only to use it ever so sparingly for actual film footage. At that point I knew I wanted one to see why it was worth carting around.

I’ve had my Dues for a while now and while I think it’s a great detector I still prefer my boat anchor CTX 90% of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My new Deus! Only had it out for a couple hours so far, but really enjoying it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Whichever one does what YOU need done...that’s the one a person should use.
While I love my Explorer2 and everything about it,the poor guy sits in the closet(actually,next to the closet). I too think many detectors can find the same stuff,but the CTX for ME makes it easier,that’s all.

Well I use the deus a lot but we have a love hate relationship. It’s light and super fast.. but why it loves rusty crown caps is beyond my. (I’ve read every book every form post and letter in a bottle on the topic) I still get fooled on them. [emoji20]
I like the fisher f70 really well.. it doesn’t get much love but it’s a great coin and jewelry machine.

And of course I’m getting the equinox soon so who knows yes about the guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the whites V3i, the Minelab CTX 3030 and a Deus 9 inch coil and now the HF 9 inch coil. For coin shooting I prefer the Deus enough that I sold the other two detectors. I used all of them over the same areas and not only was the Deus lighter and a joy to swing, it was far faster than the other two detectors. The Deus may not be quite as deep, but it is close enough and the weight and speed are far superior in my book. Battery life is excellent also.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I really like the old minelab explorers but my favorite one to use, so far, has been the minelab SE Pro...its my luck they don't produce them anymore :laughing:

Mines the F70.... it will always be my 'Favorite Detector'!...The very first detector I ever got...back 8-9yrs ago. It saved my Life literally... Got me excited about mastering another Outdoor skill, got me outside on an adventure, dreams of riches, made me get up and out of bed in the morning raring to go hunt!...It introduced me to the mystery of lost Metal, found me my first gold, my first silver, massive clad slamming memories that cannot be replicated....

Its become an appendage extension of my mind and body...easy light and fast...like its not even there, a guy goes into a relaxed state of being behind its coil...I understand it and it gets me.....

Sure, other rigs will come along and fill specialty niches, like the Atpro did, possibly the Equinox, but for sure, my original F70 will always be my Favorite Detector of all time....maybe buried together even...like a Viking with his sword...

Attachments

• F70-1.jpg
    F70-1.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 171
  • field of dreams.jpg
    field of dreams.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 166
  • snow3.jpg
    snow3.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 171
  • jul 19-17.jpg
    jul 19-17.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 170
Mines the F70.... it will always be my 'Favorite Detector'!...The very first detector I ever got...back 8-9yrs ago. It saved my Life literally... Got me excited about mastering another Outdoor skill, got me outside on an adventure, dreams of riches, made me get up and out of bed in the morning raring to go hunt!...It introduced me to the mystery of lost Metal, found me my first gold, my first silver, massive clad slamming memories that cannot be replicated....

Its become an appendage extension of my mind and body...easy light and fast...like its not even there, a guy goes into a relaxed state of being behind its coil...I understand it and it gets me.....

Sure, other rigs will come along and fill specialty niches, like the Atpro did, possibly the Equinox, but for sure, my original F70 will always be my Favorite Detector of all time....maybe buried together even...like a Viking with his sword...

What's in the bag man?

I’d have to agree with Mud, the F70 is my favorite rig too. Although my rig didn’t save my life, but it did make my life more interesting with all of the amazing finds that I’ve retrieved from under its coil.

I've only used a handful of detectors, but so far the Nokta Impact is far and away my favorite.

I have found the most with White's DFX.

I use more than one detector, because some work better than others for certain things and areas.

Honestly sharpshooter, I don't think there is a thing anyone could say that would change the mind of a true FBS user. You see unlike many detectors the E-Trac/CTX just plain work. No matter what anyone has to say to the contrary will never matter because their experience speaks the truth.

That my friend is what separates the FBS from all the rest.

WELL SAID Detector, CTX3030 is by far my favorite. (Not saying its the best but it is the BEST), lol

Back
Top Bottom