Depth- Fisher F70 vs F75??

corpsman

using the same coil, and under the same conditions, how does the depth of the F70 compare to the depth of the F75? thanks, in advance.

I would like to know the answer to this one too.

Also how sensitivity compares. How small of gold nuggets can each one detect?

I know what the F75 can do. But considered the F70 as a back up. The F70 was designed after the F75, so the design is more modern.

They were built on the same platform, (along with the T2), so I would think performance is similar with the same coils under the same conditions using similar settings.
The flagship has more programs onboard and the new DST upgrades on the newer ones but the basics are the same.
Some swear the the more raw F70 is actually deeper.
With the F75 large DD coil mounted in great Kansas soil I easily reached 12-13" in depth and dug my deepest target ever with great audio and decent screen info at a measured 15".
I acquired many junk targets and saw depth readings way deeper than that lots of times but never dug those.

My F70 is a backup to nothing...it is my prime and I have seen it do amazing things.
I tried and swung a new F75 that a club member bought on one of our club hunts for a bit and I guess I am just used to mine because even though they are similar mine just felt more comfortable...to me.
Weird, and if you pinned me down I don't think I could tell you exactly why.
I would have thought they would have felt close to exactly the same.

The extras on the flagship are interesting and well worth the price and many opt for them, but I don't miss what I never had and I still have a million setting combinations at my fingertips and take advantage of them.

great info! I really appreciate it! I pretty much exclusively hunt for civil war relics, but I will occasionally hunt an old house site. my main machine right now is an xp deus, and I love it. but, I decided to sell my last Tesoro, so I need a good backup machine. I want my backup to have really good depth in case I get in an area with really deep bullets. I don't need all the bells and whistles of the F75. the F70 seems to have all I need. I love the "dp" mode for full tones, the frequency is right for what I'm doing, and for me personally, I prefer the shaft-mounted control box. If I end up getting an F70, I will probably get both the 10" and the 11" coils. I also hunt construction sites downtown a lot. the deus is perfect for that.

great info! I really appreciate it! I pretty much exclusively hunt for civil war relics, but I will occasionally hunt an old house site. my main machine right now is an xp deus, and I love it. but, I decided to sell my last Tesoro, so I need a good backup machine. I want my backup to have really good depth in case I get in an area with really deep bullets. I don't need all the bells and whistles of the F75. the F70 seems to have all I need. I love the "dp" mode for full tones, the frequency is right for what I'm doing, and for me personally, I prefer the shaft-mounted control box. If I end up getting an F70, I will probably get both the 10" and the 11" coils. I also hunt construction sites downtown a lot. the deus is perfect for that.

I don't use DP much but others swear by that feature.
Mudpuppy, who recently got kicked off of Findmall, says he can tell the dates on coins still buried in the ground using it.

For relic or woods hunting, most other hunting too, I usually use all metal or one of the bottom three tone options.
For sweeping through parks looking for coins and jewelry I like 4H sometimes.

Using disc most swear you lose no depth no matter how high you set it.

The standard concentric I use in pop top heavy parks and sometimes general park hunting.
That coil found me three gold rings at the beginning of the year within 10 days plus a bunch of coins and silver jewelry.
I have gotten good ID's once in awhile on targets at 10" with that coil in good dirt, although that is close to the limit on that coil so sometimes the screen goes blank on really deep stuff.
Audio is always there on those so you need to understand the tones on this one and take the screen info with a grain of salt on the deep stuff.
The big DD gets me at least 2" more with screen info but most of the time more than that.
Trust the screen up to about 12" with that coil, (if you want to do that at all), but the tones tell you much at all depths.
The small DD coil works really good in crazy heavy trash, ridiculously iron infested sites and will match or beat the depth of the concentric in my experience.
I now live in the south with horrible soil and the sniper lives on the bottom of my rod right now and it is doing a superb job for me.

I don't have a Deus so I just learned how to hunt difficult trash and iron infested sites with the F70.
If you hunt those construction sites with Fishers sometime I know 2 ways that work and work well using most any coil.

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=214142

kellyco has the F70 with the 10"concentric and the 11" DD for $749 and free shipping.

Boost Process

Makes the difference, save some time, worth the extra money , get a new F75ltd2, never had a F70, but I have been swinging a F75 since the standard F75 came out, F75 standard to F75se with boost , upgraded to DST, than won a F75 Standard, traded plus cash for a New V3i, I hope you still get the 5dd coil & 11dd with the package, you will love that little coil, 9 plus inches on a dime, if you get a F70 , you will be upgrading one day, just like Digger27 , than wonder what you left un-covered all those years that went by, happy hunting Earl

Makes the difference, save some time, worth the extra money , get a new F75ltd2, never had a F70, but I have been swinging a F75 since the standard F75 came out, F75 standard to F75se with boost , upgraded to DST, than won a F75 Standard, traded plus cash for a New V3i, I hope you still get the 5dd coil & 11dd with the package, you will love that little coil, 9 plus inches on a dime, if you get a F70 , you will be upgrading one day, just like Digger27 , than wonder what you left un-covered all those years that went by, happy hunting Earl

I have no plans to upgrade from my F70.
I have used it in all types of sites and it never lets me down.
I have never wondered once at all about what I am missing at any depth because I don't believe I am missing anything... even Dave J. has stated that no F70 owner should feel they are missing a thing by not moving to the flagship instead of the F70.
If you want the extra programs and features and want to pay for them great, do you actually need them to make you a more successful hunter my opinion is no.
Not for the way I hunt, in my sites and what I hunt for, anyway.

"The F70 was the product of a mission-- to come up with a less expensive adaptation of the F75, while incorporating things we had learned meanwhile. Without "dumbing it down". Because the F70 was advertised for a lot less money than the F75, marketing dept. didn't quite dare to say how good the damn thing really was. Some of the secret sauce we put into the F70 eventually made its way into later revisions of the F75 group of machines, as well as into the Teknetics "Fratbros" series and most other new beeps introduced after the F70.

As the top of the Fisher lineup, the F75 including its revisions got all the attention. That's how the F70 became a "sleeper". Guys like Mudpuppy will never have to wonder if they should have gotten an F75 instead.

This is the same sort of explanation I just posted in "another forum" about the approx. $200 category. If you get a Eurotek Pro, you never have to wonder if you should have gotten something else. Get anything else, and you'll wonder if you should have gotten a Eurotek Pro instead. F70 owners never have to wonder if they should "upgrade" to an F75.

--Dave J."

Not long after the F75 first came out I bought mine for $930 shipped with an extra 6in coil and lower rod. The price difference over the F70 wasn't that much, and they tend to have better resale. I also prefer the pistol grip on the F75, trigger pinpoint, the additional screen info and layout, and the backlight is nice. I've seen F70's for $699 but you'd need to buy a 5in coil and an 11in DD coil to compare it to the F75 and by that point the price difference is so slim that you mind's well just get the F75. I can't comment on performance as I've never used the F70, only the F75 but as for design, and features, I prefer the F75. I've heard of new F75 LTD2's selling in the mid $900 range.

I received my F70 in the mail today. looks pretty nice, but I couldn't get out in the yard to test it due to rain. I definitely prefer the design over the F75. I like the shaft mounted box, and I also like the arm cup better. I got the pro model, which came with both coils, a bag, and the guy also threw in rain covers for the control box as well as battery box. I paid $635 with free shipping. after reading what the lead design engineer wrote, it's apparent that the F75 and the F70 share the same basic circuitry. as others have stated, the F75 is the flagship detector, and has more options. to be honest, nearly every one of those options, are things that I wouldn't even use. although, I do wish the F70 had the back light on the display. oh well... it's something I can definitely live without. anyway, I think it's going to be a great backup machine, and I can't wait to test it out. who knows... my time may end up being split more evenly between my 2 main machines, even though I pretty much just bought this one for places where the civil war relics are very deep.

Congrads

On your choice, I am sure the F70 is a good machine, as all the Fishers I have owned were, but just doesn't have the performance with boost to boot, like the F75ltd, Digger27 It doesn't matter to me what you swing, or I, I have fun with the ETPs, Omega,F75se,E-trac,GT,& V3i, whatever I pick up, I will find something, I can only offer my opinion on here, between both machines the F75 would be my choice, by the way, don't let me catch you upgrading to the F75ltd2 in the next 5 years bro., or I will rub-adub it in :laughing::laughing::laughing:, happy hunting Earl

On your choice, I am sure the F70 is a good machine, as all the Fishers I have owned were, but just doesn't have the performance with boost to boot, like the F75ltd, Digger27 It doesn't matter to me what you swing, or I, I have fun with the ETPs, Omega,F75se,E-trac,GT,& V3i, whatever I pick up, I will find something, I can only offer my opinion on here, between both machines the F75 would be my choice, by the way, don't let me catch you upgrading to the F75ltd2 in the next 5 years bro., or I will rub-adub it in :laughing::laughing::laughing:, happy hunting Earl

Ha!
It will take me 5 years just to learn everything I want/need to know about this thing before I change to a new one.
Except for maybe an F44 for rainy season, or a TDI when I get tired of this devil dirt, or if I win one in a contest, or find one on the side of the road.
Could happen.

I received my F70 in the mail today. looks pretty nice, but I couldn't get out in the yard to test it due to rain. I definitely prefer the design over the F75. I like the shaft mounted box, and I also like the arm cup better. I got the pro model, which came with both coils, a bag, and the guy also threw in rain covers for the control box as well as battery box. I paid $635 with free shipping. after reading what the lead design engineer wrote, it's apparent that the F75 and the F70 share the same basic circuitry. as others have stated, the F75 is the flagship detector, and has more options. to be honest, nearly every one of those options, are things that I wouldn't even use. although, I do wish the F70 had the back light on the display. oh well... it's something I can definitely live without. anyway, I think it's going to be a great backup machine, and I can't wait to test it out. who knows... my time may end up being split more evenly between my 2 main machines, even though I pretty much just bought this one for places where the civil war relics are very deep.

Fisher does make some awesome performing, nicely designed, and reasonably priced stuff. I was a huge CZ guy back in the 90's, I owned several and worked them pretty hard at cellar holes, including carrying them 15 miles 4-5 days a week in a backpack on my mountain bike to cellar hole locations, and never once had a problem with any of them. I went with an F75 a few years back and once again never had an issue with it. I'm not sure what type of hunting you but they really excel for relic hunting. Good luck, the recovery speed on them is amazing, as is the depth.

Back
Top Bottom