Newbie in Huntington Beach.

You'll get over this feeling after a while, especially after you find your 1st gold ring :yes:

LOL I bet.
Yea Ill have to play with it, its new so today I was just seeing what was up, and went better than expected since I was actually able to locate some things.
Can't wait til after the U.S. Open this year here in H.B.

Attachments

• us.jpg
    us.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 162
Looks like you might need to adjust your settings a little bit, I think with your machine you should be able to discriminate out Iron targets..Test out your machine on some coins and jewelry if possible and get a feel for the machine..

Also, with the Ace 150, I think your best bet would be in the dry sand, you will most likely get a lot of false signals in the wet sand due to black sand, salt, minerals..

Keep at it, you'll be finding all kinds of goodies, especially with Spring Break going on..;)

So you think that with the sensitivity on high that im just picking up the ground in most cases?

It doesn't have many options really, sensitivity 1-4
then all-metal/jewelry/coin mode.... I leave it on all metal because I don't want to miss out on coins, or jewelry lol... maybe I should just play with a target that I plant myself and see where my sensitivity should be at for things around 6" deep?

I think If you have it set in jewelry mode, it will discriminate out iron, but still pick up everything else. Test it out and see how it works.. You should be ok running full sensitivity in the dry sand, wet sand I would set it to low.

Hunting HB after the US open and July 4th is great, get there super early & be prepared for some major competition..:mder::mder::mder::mder::mder::mder:

Happy Hunting!

Welcome from the other end of Beach Boulevard. :grin:

Don't get discouraged by your meager finds. Remember that HB uses beach cleaning machines with a fairly small mesh screen. They don't leave much behind. Fortunately for us, most of the goodies we want are even smaller. Just swing low and slow. :cool:

Welcome from the other end of Beach Boulevard. :grin:

Don't get discouraged by your meager finds. Remember that HB uses beach cleaning machines with a fairly small mesh screen. They don't leave much behind. Fortunately for us, most of the goodies we want are even smaller. Just swing low and slow. :cool:

I noticed that when I went out, part of the beach was completely smooth.

I think If you have it set in jewelry mode, it will discriminate out iron, but still pick up everything else. Test it out and see how it works.. You should be ok running full sensitivity in the dry sand, wet sand I would set it to low.

Hunting HB after the US open and July 4th is great, get there super early & be prepared for some major competition..:mder::mder::mder::mder::mder::mder:

Happy Hunting!

Thanks I'll try that tonight when I go back. I was getting iron beeps every swing like I said. So it was sort of confusing.

I forgot about the fourth. I bet along the road in the grass by the beach would be a great spot early on the 5th

Now that you have used the detector once, re-read the owners manual, it will make more sense now and the adjustments you need to make to stop all of the false signals. If that fails there are a lot of "how to" videos on youtube.

Detecting while people are still on the beach is not enjoyable for me. People that are laying on the sand don't like it and I don't care for it either with them being where I want to hunt. I hunt at first light and leave when the people start to show up.

Good luck and have fun.

Now that you have used the detector once, re-read the owners manual, it will make more sense now and the adjustments you need to make to stop all of the false signals. If that fails there are a lot of "how to" videos on youtube.

Detecting while people are still on the beach is not enjoyable for me. People that are laying on the sand don't like it and I don't care for it either with them being where I want to hunt. I hunt at first light and leave when the people start to show up.

Good luck and have fun.

Thank you

Hello fellow OC hunter,

When I worked in huntington beach I would occationally drive the PCH from home for a change of pace (hate the 405). It amazed me how many metal detectorists were on the beach in the morning, I used to like to count as I drove by. HB is heavily hunted and with not to many people in the water I would stick to the towel line unless there is a nice storm to mix up the wet sand. Also I believe your detector is best suited for the dry.

Good luck and I look forward to more pictures of your finds!

Back
Top Bottom