Clad

Gauntlet

Forum Supporter
Do you spend it as you find it, or save it for a specific purchase/reason?

I've been spending it as it comes, but have decided to go the other route, and save it for something, maybe a new MD?

I might currently have $20 worth saved that needs cleaned, so I've still got a ways to go. :D

I used clad to pay for a vacation that the wife and I took a bit over three years ago. Paid for the lodging for three nights in a B&B in Amish country in Ohio and followed that by 8 Nights in the Mountains of NC.

I currently have over two grand in clad finds that I have converted into green money stashed away for my next must have item

the clad I find goes for metal detecting items and for what ever else I might not want to spend family money on.

Vending maching eats alot of my clad. Sometimes my workplace or a place I bring my daughter for horseback riding therapy has penny wars going on so those jars get a bunch of my pennies. Usually the ones in decent shape I save for her fund raising events, the rotted zincs goto the work one. (when no one is looking) Kind of funny watching them dig through those zincs wondering what happend to them and who left them there.

Do you spend it as you find it, or save it for a specific purchase/reason?

I've been spending it as it comes, but have decided to go the other route, and save it for something, maybe a new MD?

I might currently have $20 worth saved that needs cleaned, so I've still got a ways to go. :D

I've done it all in the last 2 1/2 years. I've also just cleared $2K in total clad.

It adds up. Year 1 was about $650. Year 2, I had close to $850, and I'm already at $680 for this year.

Lately, I drop it into a coin star on a monthly basis and put it into Amazon.com certificates. But that's only been since about April. Prior, I always rolled, and deposited so I could by 1800's coins and stuff on eBay.
Best "roll" bunch I had was a bit more than $200 from the first three months of this year. Nothing special about the months... just that I didn't roll it up until the small bucket was full. I usually get between $60 and about $90 in clad per month, sometimes more, rarely less (I think once... I hit a low of $48).

I had been saving it up for the yearly clad pile picture but this year I decided to do something different and just spend it on batteries and other junk. (that's after cleaning all that clad of course).:wow: 1600 posts!

Used this years clad to buy a Spanish 8R coin and a few other silver coins that would be dream finds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had been saving it up for the yearly clad pile picture but this year I decided to do something different and just spend it on batteries and other junk. (that's after cleaning all that clad of course).:wow: 1600 posts!

I did the whole "spend the clad to buy sets of batteries" thing... and then I realized I'd save a whole bunch of money if I just bought 8 rechargeables, and swapped weekly. Got a set of 9V, too, for the pin pointer.

I haven't bought batteries in 2 years. I use Rayovac, and have never had a failure in 2 years, nor run out of battery life in a week of detecting (less than 20 hours)... I'm usually at 2 bars when I swap on Saturdays. I do the pin pointer at the same time. I think it was almost the same price for the rechargeables as a box of alkaline AA's. I've saved a gob of money running them.

Cheers,

Skippy

Used this years clad to buy a Spanish 8R coin and a few other silver coins that would be dream finds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I picked one of those up in year 1, too. Shipwreck coin from the el Cazador. Pretty cool coin.

Skippy

If it's fairly clean it goes into my pocket to be spent. Otherwise it goes into a jar until I get enough saved up to tumble it. I just run it long enough to pass through a Coin Star machine since it's still probably to dark to be spent. I just cashed in $36.00 worth the other day. Living on a military pension doesn't get it.

Saved till the end of the season, then used for Christmas shopping...

Hitting up old water spots for gold, doesn't add to the clad pile very much...

<°))))>{

I throw it in a jar then clean it when the jar is full and cash it in. The folding money goes in my rainy day stash with any other cash that ends up in my hand for whatever reason. Not sure what I'll do with this new stash, the last one took me 8 years to save up and bought us a down payment on our little mini-farm. :grin:

I don't clean my clad much I just roll it up and deposit into my savings account at the bank I work at, we make sure to mark the rolls as mine to make sure they don't go to any members , once we get a certain amount we brake the rolls and bag it to be picked up and taken to a LARGER :money: BANK.

The good thing is it don't come out of the bank account or family finances , so you can do whatever you want with it.

I usually clean it and spend it , my personal extra cash supply that I don't have to feel guilty about using , but when I think of what I could do with all that money had I saved it :no:

I have 3 jars; 1 small, 2 large.

The first is "to be cleaned" coins. It's small, so when it's full I tumble the coins so the bank will take them.

The second is for nickels and copper pennies (clad only). I do not spend these. Not sure why.

The third is cleaned coins.

Nearly $90 in coins takes up quite a bit of room! All this went towards my MAX, so I really need to cash the coins soon.

2008 Paid 212.00 for my Ace 250 ..cash

2008/09 Found so much clad bought a White's Silver Eagle

2009 Found even more and Purchased a Whites's DFX

2010 Found more and bought my ETrac

Next is the ATMax..

Back
Top Bottom