Equinox battery life ?

markinswpa

Forum Supporter
Like many I jumped on the pre order band wagon for the 800. However the question I have, I read the batteries are built in and over time batteries will weaken which will shorten hunt time plus what will you have to do to replace, send it back, and at what price? Whats the expected life of the batteries ? ?These new cell phones the price is up around 800 to a 1000 dollars and battery life is around two years, after that it cost a small fortune to have it replaced and people can't be without their phone so they upgrade, bam they gottcha. Just sayin. Any thoughts ? Mark

Like many I jumped on the pre order band wagon for the 800. However the question I have, I read the batteries are built in and over time batteries will weaken which will shorten hunt time plus what will you have to do to replace, send it back, and at what price? Whats the expected life of the batteries ? ?These new cell phones the price is up around 800 to a 1000 dollars and battery life is around two years, after that it cost a small fortune to have it replaced and people can't be without their phone so they upgrade, bam they gottcha. Just sayin. Any thoughts ? Mark

Mark --

I am sure Minelab has a plan for that, that doesn't involve making you buy a new machine. I have changed batteries in my cell phones for about $10 to $20 many times; I'm sure there will be a way to do it reasonably, and reasonably cheaply on the Equinox, as well. I can't imagine they expect everyone who buys an Equinox to send their units into the factory service center every couple of years...

Glad to hear that you are getting an Equinox; I intend to, as well. I grew up in southwest PA and travel back several times a year to visit family -- and do plenty of detecting while I'm there. Maybe we can get together after the Equinox's are released, do a little hunting and "compare notes" on the new machines.

They are investing in a new service center in PA...

You don't spend money, to spend money...

They will be making money there too...

<°)))>{

I hope it is as good as a RNB or Deus battery at least. Good point though.

For one cell phone pulls a lot more current faster than a Vlf detector.
Minelab will eventually have to disclose warranty info for the unit itself as well as info about battery/expected life/replacement procedure.

If the battery is user replaceable,,would be nice.
But since we are talking about a supposed waterproof detector, this might not happen.

Wasn't I reading somewhere that it will be chargable on the go via a USB port? Get a power bank and keep it with your detecting equipment for the really long hunts when you get low on power. Extend time from 8-12 hrs to ???

As far as longevity I agree it will be replaceable from ML most likely without breaking the bank.

Back
Top Bottom