What hobbies of yours did metal detecting take over?

Crumble

Elite Member
Forum Supporter
I used to surf fish like every other day before getting into beach hunting... then gold fever took over... and now haven't gone fishing in like 3 years. I'm starting to miss surf fishing, and thinking about getting another year pass and fishing when the tides aren't good for metal detecting... to catch some corbina/halibut!

What hobbies did metal detecting kill for you?

I also did a lot of surf fishing, march and april for perchzillas, i miss those slabs, and surfing, i still go once a in a while.

I still find time to enjoy my fishing , gold panning , home brewing , and general tinkering around with stuff hobbies , I just put more time into detecting than the others , depending on the season.

I've always had too many hobbies...whether it was bow hunting, shooting pool or fishing, I've always bounced between them. I did a little squid fishing last year late in the season and I'm looking forward to getting back to that once they're back around. I also want to catch some stripers this year, I didn't get a single one last year and I'm unhappy with myself for that. My favorite pool hall closed down so that's on the back burner for now and I'm not sure I still have the heart to shoot a deer. Who knows though, I may get a hankerin' for some venison one of these days. Whether my 45 year old body can still hang a tree stand is another question.:lol:

Little bit of guitar playing, and bike building...

Oh, and mowing the lawn...

<*)))>{

Don't know how many times I looked up to see a nice little ground swell and went back to finding junk. Next time, I paddle out :surfin:

Sleeping. Detecting comes after waterfowl and turkey hunting and on Sunday afternoons. I also am an avid fly fisherman. Kids and family are #1!!!

Back in the Day

In my lighter in shape years, I loved Tennis, all county football DT& Special teams, fishing ,crabbing, and hunting, metal detected since 1976, and loved it, in 1995 at ups, I went from a delivery driver to a feeder driver sitting behind a 70 ft rig for 12 hrs a day, in which I put on weight big time, I will have to make some changes this spring , because of the new cdl neck measuring law that went into effect March 1st 2014 , after August next year, if I don't drop weight, like there charts say which is baloni, when I lifted weights on and off since 16 years old, just measured my shoulders 66 inches , 9 inch wrists , I will never pass, metal detecting is #1 now, but my activities will be changing, Earl

Back
Top Bottom