Who has paid for their detector purchase with beach finds in 1 year or less?

Sandbox

Just wondering, in the sand or in the water. I am sure there are those lucky folks out there who found a big chunk of gold that surely paid for half or more of a new detector purchase? Just curious if the pay off has been overwhelming worth it for many, leaving out time since that's priceless right?

I could have paid mine off in the first 2 weeks but 2 of the rings were returnable. I just returned one (she was very happy, I didn't ask for anything but she sent me a $100 gift card which was nice. I am putting towards a new scoop) the other I am waiting on the person to get back to me. (total weight returning 12 grams, feeling of making someone happy- priceless)

After those trips the others have produce only coins and some small jewelry. I still have fun digging a nickel

It depends on if your coil goes over it.

Here are my 2 posts for what I found.

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=124579
http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=125862

Last edited:
Paid for my Fisher F75, Tesoro Cutlass, Tesoro Stingray, Garrett Pro point, Lesche and sand scoop with finds from this summer ..

Happy hunting,

Lakota

The only detector that I havent paid off in 1 years is my Minelab SD2200v2.
The rest have been paid for. My E-Trac was the quickest.
I have about $400.00 to pay off my new Excal 800. I think it will pay for itself prety quick:D

It is easy to pay for a detector if you beach hunt and actually go swing with the right machine. Some beaches are not good and some are great. Mine are OK but not great. I hunt about 3 times a week, sometimes less or more depending on weather and sand conditions. Right now I hunt less due to beach conditions. Nobody is finding much of anything here since the sand came back a week ago. We keep a sharp eye on the beaches and wait. :waiting:

I just passed my first year and cashed in my coins. Clad was $285 and pennies were $15 spendable. I threw away about another $15 in zinc pennies.

Keep in mind your detector has value and is easy to resell if you have the right ones. So a $1000 machine is only about $300. Sell it and get $700 back if you take care of it.

That's the way you do it! Like money for nothing and your chicks for free. :laughing:

Last edited:
Paid my Xcal off in 2 weeks.... needless to say its paid for its self several times. I almost got enough to pay for one THIS month. This isnt dirt digging where you put most of your finds in a collection and NEVER sell it and expect clad to pay for your equipment. Couple of rings is worth more than most people make in clad.

Dew

Yep, paid for 2 AT Pro's in Gold alone. I haven't counted silver or clad.

Here is the bulk of it minus 1 white gold class ring I returned and a couple recent finds.

july7-3rs.jpg

I got lucky and paid for my CZ21 5 times over the very first time out with it!
DC

Same here, I have a basic land machine and have paid for it many times over since getting it 2 yrs ago.

Back
Top Bottom