G2-First Impressions

H Desert Digger

Forum Supporter
I like it, not to heavy, practically a turn on and go machine. Seems to have good depth. Runs on one 9v battery. I think I will keep it for a while. Now for the not so good stuff, it absolutely loves the beaver tails and square tabs. To be fair, that is the majority of targets in the park where I hunt when I want to try out a new machine. It seemed to struggle with target ID a bit, it indicated pull tabs (both square tabs and beaver tails) anywhere from 60 to 69...depending on the size and weight of the pull tab. It also was very good at picking out bottle caps and reported them in the zinc range for the most part. Even though (in my opinion) the G2 has issues with target ID, I have a good feeling about the G2 and see potential in it. It gave me the impression it was going to be easy to "learn" it's language. Bare in mind, I have less than 2 hours in the field with it. I look forward to taking it on my next permission.

I would love to hear other G2 owners comments...

HDD

That's interesting. On coins, I feel the G2/G2+/F19 is one of the best single frequency ID machines made. In my soil, ID is dead locked on nickels and coins. My only complaint is the at 19Khz has a tendency to love deep iron and no hightone/3tone+ option.

That's interesting. On coins, I feel the G2/G2+/F19 is one of the best single frequency ID machines made. In my soil, ID is dead locked on nickels and coins. My only complaint is the at 19Khz has a tendency to love deep iron and no hightone/3tone+ option.

I did find one clad dime and the G2 did report it as a solid 83.

HDD

Back
Top Bottom