Can someone explane what's going on with With Xchange2?

Plug Martian

Elite Member
For many of you this is probably old news I suppose. Last Monday I tried to log in to Xchange2 do do some map work and was given an error message "Wrong user name or password." After a period of hair pulling and curse words my Google-fu tells me that Minelab have had some undisclosed issue converting to a new web site. The old one worked fine so of course they needed a new one that doesn't . :roll: Seems issues with accounts and logins have been very commonplace around the world. Many people seem to have gotten past the issue. Not me. My account is gone. So I went through the re-registration process at Minelab.com. Supposed to get an email to confirm in 20 minutes or less. This was on the 21st. Still no email. Tried again yesterday and again this morning. Still nothing.

So, can anyone tell me exactly what the problem is, why it's still a problem, how to fix it on my end, or, when Minelab will get around to fixing it?

Thanks for any help. Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!

Hunt Happy!
Plug Martian

I don't have any answers but share in the frustration. I haven't been able to login for over a week now. Same message you are getting. Apparently some people are able to get back on and some aren't. Someone speculated that it has to do with the area you are in. Don't know about that, but it is frustrating to say the least. I emailed Minelab about the problem yesterday. Haven't heard a word back.

We'll see what happens.......

Still no resolution to this problem for me. Has anyone had this problem and had it resolved? Any light you can shed for those of us still not able to exchange with Xchange?

Hunt Happy!
Plug Martian

Still no resolution to this problem for me. Has anyone had this problem and had it resolved? Any light you can shed for those of us still not able to exchange with Xchange?

Hunt Happy!
Plug Martian

You're the first I've seen to still be having problems. I thought everyone was able to get in after a week or so. Unless they have started having problems again, I can't offer any help.

I just logged in without any problem. :?:

I logged on last night, with no problem.

I would try unloading the software then reinstall and heck even try creating a new account.

One of the things that google told me was that many people lost their accounts during the web site changeover. If you could not log on to the new site with your old Minelab account then you had been wiped and would need to re-register/create a new account. I filled out the form to create a new account. It said I should receive a confirmation e-mail within 20 min to activate the account. AAaaaaaannnnnnndddddd............. nothing. I have been doing this a couple times a week since December with no joy.

Hunt Happy!
Plug Martian

I logged on last night, with no problem.

I would try unloading the software then reinstall and heck even try creating a new account.

If I do this will it wipe out all my maps, Geohunts, and Findpoints from last year? That would be a hugely annoying PITA and want to avoid that at all costs.

Hunt Happy!
Plug Martian

If I do this will it wipe out all my maps, Geohunts, and Findpoints from last year? That would be a hugely annoying PITA and want to avoid that at all costs.

Hunt Happy!
Plug Martian

You prob would unless you still have them on the CTX.

Back
Top Bottom