Dangerous Park

It seems as though a lot of you assume that all criminals are unarmed. I doubt if the dead man they found would agree with you. I live in Kansas where they believe that you have a right to protect yourself and carry either concealed or in the open with either firearms or knives. They have tougher restrictions on fireworks. Never the less most of the criminals with firearms either got them in a burglary or bought them on the black market. As I said before, I have hunted that park for almost forty years without any problems. With my car down it was my only choice of places to detect. It has just been in the last couple of years that things have changed.

Stay safe.

God forbid one of us yahoos trying to protect ourselves and shooting someone in self defense from someone trying to do harm to us! Maybe us gun carrying thugs should do like Freebird Tim and carry our baseball bats and just beat them like he does!

Big difference between defending yourself in your home in the middle of the night and going out in the world looking for trouble. Obviously, I would never carry any weapon with me in public. The issue is carrying a weapon in public. I never said anything about defending yourself at home.

I'm from Prospect, lived in a small apartment when married in Waterbury right on Hamilton park. My wife used to have her undergarments stolen off a second floor porch including a new bathing suit. We lived in Florida 30 yrs. Came back and shared a condo with my older sister on the far east end of Waterbury and used the Walgreens across from the park. I don't remember how many times, maybe 4-5 I've been approached getting out of the car for money. Usually just pan handles. I forgot, When I started detecting I tried an area there in Hamilton over by a field near route 84. I watched cars pull in and sit. Shortly another would pull up to it spend a minute and off they go. Saw at least a couple that day. I grew up in a small town, Prospect. Now live in Oakville. I just can't get comfortable with the detecting inner city locations. My sister goes to that Walgreens across from the park in Waterbury and says shes never even been panhandled! She's spent her life in Waterbury.
I've never met anyone from the forum. Sorry but I love solitude. I'd be lying if I said I didn't have a nervous issue. Inner city parks have great potential but still, I stay out in the outskirts. Today I'm driving up further in the North West part of the state. That reminds me to order some real bear spray.:wow: Dont know anybody here. I've chatted here a few times with the guys from Ct. All great people as far as I can tell. For now I stay solo. One guy I know, not from the forum, used to go hunt with me but usually only if I go around his town around Southington. Goin way upstate today scouting around New Nox 600 at the ready. My protection,,,, my Sampson shovel and lesche hand held knife. And a little cheesy peeper spray.

Like the inner city's and believe that's my spot to dig. PM me if you ever want to meet up.. I always hunt alone but your area is amazing..

Gotta be a lot less time carrying a bat than a gun, imo.
Never bothered with either, not looking for jail time myself.
But hey 6 vs 12.

Big difference between defending yourself in your home in the middle of the night and going out in the world looking for trouble. Obviously, I would never carry any weapon with me in public. The issue is carrying a weapon in public. I never said anything about defending yourself at home.

Who said anything about going out and looking for trouble? The topic was about protecting yourself while out detecting. Just for example this spring i was detecting a park and had just dug a merc and as i was flipping my plug back i noticed 3 black guys coming up to me and they said to give them my detector. Fortunately they noticed i had a pistol on my hip once i lifted my jacket. But i know you would've just given them your equipment because you don't like or carry weapons correct! And i dont care how tough you think you are you would've been either dead or in the hospital with no more detector. There's just to many pieces of !!!! humans now days that will kill you just for looking at them or for your shoes because they are to lazy to work! And no it wasn't a bad area.

protecting, and defending one's life at home.or in the public domain
is the same. if someone is fixin' to "brain you with his club",or gut you,
and draw ,and quarter you, then you have the right to legally defend yourself
consider the alternative.

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Who said anything about going out and looking for trouble? The topic was about protecting yourself while out detecting. Just for example this spring i was detecting a park and had just dug a merc and as i was flipping my plug back i noticed 3 black guys coming up to me and they said to give them my detector. Fortunately they noticed i had a pistol on my hip once i lifted my jacket. But i know you would've just given them your equipment because you don't like or carry weapons correct! And i dont care how tough you think you are you would've been either dead or in the hospital with no more detector. There's just to many pieces of !!!! humans now days that will kill you just for looking at them or for your shoes because they are to lazy to work! And no it wasn't a bad area.

I just don't think you understand how tough FBT (thinks he) is. It's scary. You should watch your step. Or maybe your back. :cool3:

Insulting my deceased parents? Gutless thing to do. Just what I'd expect from a gun nut.

What? How'd you get that. There's no insult there. I mean what i say- always. I truly wish you the best. If you arent comfortable being who you are it isnt for me to say.

Also not sure why you call a retired LEO a 'gun nut'. Name calling doesnt become you, Tim. And i still wish you all the best.

If you can and want to legally carry a firearm, do it if you want to, or don't.

The choice is yours.

FBT has his opinion on the subject, but if your opinion isn't the same as his, he subjects you to irrational, emotional textual attacks.

Obviously he is entitled to his opinion, not disagreeing with that.

Those who lawfully carry weapons have the right to do so, and FBT's opinion can't negate that.

I hope everyone has a great 4th of July weekend.

We can celebrate our freedoms, our form of government, our Constitution, our Bill of Rights.

FBT can exercise his 1st Amendment if he chooses to, and I will exercise my 2nd Amendment.

Have a safe weekend.

I hope no one is forced to defend themselves in or outside of their homes, be it with a firearm or a baseball bat.

protecting, and defending one's life at home.or in the public domain
is the same. if someone is fixin' to "brain you with his club",or gut you,
and draw ,and quarter you, then you have the right to legally defend yourself
consider the alternative.

(h.h.!)
j.t.

A very simple concept, yet some cannot grasp it.

I carried for a while when detecting. But then figured if I was hunting in an area that I needed to carry, then maybe I was inviting a shootout with someone or multiple who could outgun me, so I just stopped going to those areas.

Basically you don't want to hunt south of I-20 east or west in Atlanta. Too much drug activity.

I carried for a while when detecting. But then figured if I was hunting in an area that I needed to carry, then maybe I was inviting a shootout with someone or multiple who could outgun me, so I just stopped going to those areas.

Basically you don't want to hunt south of I-20 east or west in Atlanta. Too much drug activity.

Personal choice.

No one can fault you for it.

I noticed you didn't attempt to pass judgment on those who carry legally and still choose to hunt those areas.

Thank you

Must be the tatoo

You and chillforlife want to keep this going? Fine. Has nothing to do with a tattoo. Funny how guys without tattoos feel the need to demean someone who has one. That tattoo is a tribute to the band and all the hell they've been through over the years. Nothing more than that. Didn't get it to impress anyone.

I can relate to them because of all the garbage I've survived over the years. I've got scars all over my body and have gotten over 300 stitches in my lifetime. That something that makes you tough. Tougher than you two guys and that pisses you off. You have this preconceived notion that people who don't carry are wimps. I think the opposite is true. We'll just have to disagree on that subject. Enough is enough. Let's just end this now and go back to making this a friendly site and discuss metal detecting.

not that it applies to you, but your statement reminds me of what my father told me many, many years ago.he said, and i quote: "if you look for trouble, you will always find it" and he also told me, and i quote: "always remember that if you think you are tough, there is ALWAYS someone who is tougher than you!" i was told this when i was 13 years old, and now am closing in on 70,and have never forgotten it. i'm just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

"Funny how guys without tattoos feel the need to demean someone who has one."

or

Funny how guys who don't believe people should legally carry guns feel the need to demean someone who does

I think we all got our points across... lets let this die now... no reason to keep hashing out the stuff over and over... sooner or later another one of these threads will pop up... just like cemetery thread do..

Back
Top Bottom