Five silvers over the last few days, including a Barber!

TommyJay

Forum Supporter
The last few days have provided me with a bumper crop of silver coins, and the fairgrounds have been the provider. Years of carnivals, fairs, and events have provided layers of trash and coins. Patience and the NOX 800 silver program I found on this site, are key to successful hunts here.

IMG_0930.JPG

I found the Kennedy half and snuff box at a nearby park two days ago. The fair token was found at the fairgrounds, which makes sense. Its aluminum, and Im not sure of the age. The mushroom charm was found at an athletic field, and the cut coins, some are wheats, were found at the country club. If anyone has an idea why these were found at the country club in separate locations, please let me know.

IMG_0933.jpg

These silvers were all found under 4", and the surface is packed rock in most cases which requires some heavy elbow grease. But its well worth the effort. Unfortunately I scratched the Barber, my third Barber coin, with my digger during the extraction :(

IMG_0947.JPG

IMG_0938.JPG

IMG_0941.JPG

Thanks for looking, and HH!

good post. good pix. You get "fractional" atteboy points for the chopped coins, ok ? :cool3:

Some really nice finds there Tommy, congrats!

Thank you

good post. good pix. You get "fractional" atteboy points for the chopped coins, ok ? :cool3:

Thank you, and ILL take it!

Very nice finds!

Thank you

Congrats on the Silva and lawnmower coin pieces.:lol:

Thank you, but Im not sure that the mower got em. I think theyre cut.

Nice !!!!

Thanks Brian

Some very nice hunting Tommy. Congrats on the Silver's and all the rest. Trapper

Thanks Trapper

Congrats on the 5 silvers, especially the Barber Dime...and the rest of the recoveries. Fine digging!

Thank you

Nice silvers. Congrats on the finds.

HD

Thank you

Tommy, congrats on the silver and the rest of the goodies. Well done. HH Mark

Thanks Mark

Congrats on the trifecta and other neat finds! That's a nice Barber. :cool3:

Thank you

great finds congrats i love finding barbers my 1st silver dime was a 1911 barber :D

Thank you. My 1st silver was a rosie.

nice finds there.Congratulations!

Thank you

Good work pulling some silver from the fair grounds which I'm sure are full of trash.

Thank you, and yes it is. Theres a silver program someone put together on this website that shuts off the volume on the junk signals for the NOX 800. That has been VERY helpful. I dont turn the volume all the way down in case I get a good solid signal in the 'junk' category, but those quieter tones and the threshold chatter like crazy there, almost as bad as the EMI.

Back
Top Bottom