Bazinga! 1854 "Huge O" seated quarter

Dan48

Got out in an old hunted out park today and hit the jackpot! Also pulled a 1943 merc and a couple of wheaties before the wife called me home. Second oldest coin I've found out here in Nebraska and probably, the most valuable. Plan on sending it in for grading, so we'll see.

Happy hunting to all!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    34.6 KB · Views: 746
Holy Seated Quarter! Huge congrats! I have yet to find one......epic find!

YOU of all people have NOT found a Seated quarter??? I would've thought you buy sodas from the vending machine with Seated quarters!:lol:
It's coming man,it's coming. Quarters in general are just a tough gig, just too big to have been passed in the past....I predict by the end of July you'll have one. In fact, bet the farm on it!:grin:

Dan...GREAT COIN!! That IS a huge "O"! Good luck on the grading, I hope you hear something good!

Wow, your soil is kind to silver ! Oh, and don't believe that book nonsense about the large O rarity. I'll give you .50c for it right here and now. Think of it: You'll double your $$ from .25 to .50c ! :aok:

Thanks to all. This particular park's soil is very coin friendly. I pulled two injuns out a few weeks back and after doing the peroxide cleaning method, they look like the just popped off the press. Albeit, much darker than traditional bronze.

Year started out really slow but is becoming pretty amazing. I've gotten much better with the CTX and am finding most of my keepers in the junky areas, places where other detectorist's prefer to avoid. Myself included until recently. ;)

Hit the junky areas, and good luck to all!!

Dan

Got my quarter back today and wanted to update. Got a better grade than I thought it would but a "details" designation. Oh well, the price was right and loving it!

Happy Hunting!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    126.8 KB · Views: 288
Back
Top Bottom