Good trade??

Made a good trade I think. I traded my Coinstrike for a Golden Umax and 5 coils. Can't wait to try it out. -Jay

Dude - FIVE coils?! What sizes did you get? Sounds like a pretty good trade to me, though you'd better be ready for silent hunting because the Golden doesn't chatter like a Coinstrike.

Want to sell the clean sweep?

Lmk I am in the market for one.......................

I see a lot of people end up selling the golden, yet I wouldn't mind trying it. Worse case scenario, you sell it and make your money back pretty quickly. That clean sweep is supposed to RULE on the sports fields!

I had a Golden for a while and it was okay. If you have never used a non-display machine it will be an adjustment for you. If you are a dig it all guy it won't matter much. I personally like all the information I can get because I am primarily a coinshooter and do most of my hunting in trashy areas and usually do short hunts so I don't want to spend all my time digging trash. I doubt that the Golden will match your Coinstrike in depth especially if you are running discrimination but I can only speak from my personal experience with both machines.

Oh, man! What a deal you got :wow:! When I saw "5 coils" I thought that you almost had to have gotten a cleansweep since I think that 5 coils is the entire line-up.

Just the cleansweep is at least a 150 bones and an easy 90-100 used - assuming it is the newer version. If it is sealed white plastic, you've got the older cleansweep. If it has a scuff pad that you can take off to reveal a tan foam, you've got the newer one. The difference? The older one is 5 or 6oz heavier and prone to fail in hot weather (the resin can heat up enough to allow the coil to shift - usually after being left in a hot car). I dunno what the value of the older one is - I'd personally not buy one because that much weight has an impact on my enjoyment levels.

I have used both beep and dig and tid machines. I think sometimes people(myself included) can spoil themselves with tid machines. I know that the one year I used the Cibola I found more rings and tokens than all other years combined.

Oh, man! What a deal you got :wow:! When I saw "5 coils" I thought that you almost had to have gotten a cleansweep since I think that 5 coils is the entire line-up.

Just the cleansweep is at least a 150 bones and an easy 90-100 used - assuming it is the newer version. If it is sealed white plastic, you've got the older cleansweep. If it has a scuff pad that you can take off to reveal a tan foam, you've got the newer one. The difference? The older one is 5 or 6oz heavier and prone to fail in hot weather (the resin can heat up enough to allow the coil to shift - usually after being left in a hot car). I dunno what the value of the older one is - I'd personally not buy one because that much weight has an impact on my enjoyment levels.

Yeah they guy apparently only used the Golden for jewelry hunting and he doesn't do that anymore. Not sure if the Cleansweep is the older or newer one as I haven't gotten them yet. I wasn't about to argue or complain.

I personally like all the information I can get because I am primarily a coinshooter and do most of my hunting in trashy areas and usually do short hunts so I don't want to spend all my time digging trash.

The bulk of the important information is there, you just have to work for it :laughing:.

I often will slowly rotate the discrimination dial and watch for targets to fall out. The golden is really accurate on "IDing" nickels and zinc pennies - you rotate the dial a hair beyond nickel or zinc and they disappear. So it can provide you with a fair amount of information should you really want it, but yeah, I will probably just drop and dig rather than messing around with discriminate dial.

I dunno about depth comparisons. I bought a Golden to fulfill a role - I got it almost exclusively for clad coinshooting, with the intent being to stick a cleansweep on it and to cover a lot of ground at a fairly shallow depth. The tones are nice in that they are not too far away from the Coinstrike and I can have some sort of sense of what to expect when I start to recover a target.

Yeah they guy apparently only used the Golden for jewelry hunting and he doesn't do that anymore. Not sure if the Cleansweep is the older or newer one as I haven't gotten them yet. I wasn't about to argue or complain.

You probably got the old tones on the Golden, but don't feel too badly about it. I called Tesoro about that because the new detector I bought was old stock where the tones are concerned. It was suggested to me that if I understood a conductivity scale that I might be happier with the old tone set since they broke the tone order with the new ones. (The Tesoro rep, whom I will not name, pretty much hated the new tones.)

I've only got about 5 hours in on the Golden, but I haven't been bewildered, confused, or otherwise unhappy with the older tone set. I think that if the tones were out of sequence that I would be occasionally confused or bewildered - which would in turn lead to unhappiness. :mad: Unless you cannot tell the tones apart, I'd take Bobby McFerrin's advice and don't worry - be happy.

I have used both beep and dig and tid machines. I think sometimes people(myself included) can spoil themselves with tid machines. I know that the one year I used the Cibola I found more rings and tokens than all other years combined.

I agree but anytime I want to beep and dig with my TID machine, I have that option by covering or ignoring my display and hunt by tone or dig all repetitive signals. I am not going to spend my time having to twist a discrimination knob and lose depth by doing so. Just sayin !!

You probably got the old tones on the Golden, but don't feel too badly about it. I called Tesoro about that because the new detector I bought was old stock where the tones are concerned. It was suggested to me that if I understood a conductivity scale that I might be happier with the old tone set since they broke the tone order with the new ones. (The Tesoro rep, whom I will not name, pretty much hated the new tones.)

I've only got about 5 hours in on the Golden, but I haven't been bewildered, confused, or otherwise unhappy with the older tone set. I think that if the tones were out of sequence that I would be occasionally confused or bewildered - which would in turn lead to unhappiness. :mad: Unless you cannot tell the tones apart, I'd take Bobby McFerrin's advice and don't worry - be happy.

I'm the kind of guy who usually sets the disc at foil and digs everything anyway. At least that's what I did with the Cibola. It took me awhile to realize it but I do believe you find more with beep and did machines. Although I really do want the Deleon. I've read that it's tid is very accurate and I think hitting some of my trashy areas with a small coil will produce some keepers.

The DeLeon has a DEPTH meter which would be somewhat valuable information. The rest of it is of less interest.

I know a guy that is taking a DeLeon with ~60 minutes of use in for trade - super minty. I almost bought it, but decided that the lighter weight of the Golden combined with tones was better for me. If you are still in the market, let me know and I will see if I can pave the way for you.

The DeLeon has a DEPTH meter which would be somewhat valuable information. The rest of it is of less interest.

I know a guy that is taking a DeLeon with ~60 minutes of use in for trade - super minty. I almost bought it, but decided that the lighter weight of the Golden combined with tones was better for me. If you are still in the market, let me know and I will see if I can pave the way for you.

I need to wait til taxes are done before I purchase the Deleon.

I agree but anytime I want to beep and dig with my TID machine, I have that option by covering or ignoring my display and hunt by tone or dig all repetitive signals. I am not going to spend my time having to twist a discrimination knob and lose depth by doing so. Just sayin !!

I can understand your point, we will see how it goes. If I had my way the Whites Eagle Spectrum would have taken double-a's....best detector I ever had but had to get rid of it because I couldn't afford those C batteries...lol

U.P. you did good with your trade. The golden is a great coin shooter. I've had mine for a couple of months and I've seen my coin to trash ratio go up. I have the old tone model and I don't have a problem discerning the tones. I have found that even though Tesoro's have a quick recovery if you go slow with the golden you'll find the deeper targets and get an accurate tone from them.

Yeah, and the Golden is out of production at the moment....

And sadly, cleansweep 5-pin coils are hard to come by at the moment. :tissue: I am on what is likely to be 4 or 5 week wait list.:waiting: But waiting will have some rewards - I have heard that the 3rd generation of that coil is at hand.

Back
Top Bottom