Is silver REALLY a good investment for a SHTF scenario?

Uncle who is rescuing who? I don't even believe in a federal government for anything other than military operations and you somehow think I'm expecting a rescue? :?:

Nope. No reason for no trespassing signs.

Not sure why you're bothered that I don't believe everyone is going to come to kill/eat/rape/steal from me. Must REALLY suck to live in constant fear. I feel for ya man.

Do you not read what you're replying to? How do you get "I'll lay down, give up and go to sleep" from anything I've typed.

Reading comprehension is important if one is reading and then responding to comments on a forum. :yes:

Ahhh yes, reading comprehension, like how you failed to comprehend how in a previous post I'd stated this entire thread was wrapped in tin foil. Hence, this entire conversation is simply an exercise in futility. I'm simply here for the giggles. Thanks for providing some ;)

I hardly live in fear, but I also am aware of what's going on.

Carry-on with your bad self though, you've thoroughly impressed me that you'll be a survivor.

Fight! Fight! Fight! A Michael and a Dwight! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Somebody please post that clip from 'The Office!'

How 'bout this? :laughing:

iu

Totally agreed here!...Mother Nature, the weather, all sorts of things other than humans to worry about..For me a gun is way down the list and more trouble than worth.....a lighter, a machete and a blue plastic tarp are the basics to get a guy through the night...that and other ancient skills carried in their head..better than gear carried on their back or a gun or silver coins or a cache of beans.....everything else can be appropriated in a timely fashion as needed...a guy has to get through the night first...'Woe unto ye if it happens in the Winter".... and.... Winter is Coming!..

I'll take a blue tarp over a factory built tent any day!!

<°)))>{

I'm sure you did. People are reactionary in general and irrationally emotional. Their failure to prepare meant they had to fling themselves into a mess that a simple thought out plan would have kept them out of.

5 days without power? Sounds blissful...:D

Not in FL. In hollywood a nursing home had like 10 people die because of no AC. It was hard to sleep and breath in the humidity.

Ahhh yes, reading comprehension, like how you failed to comprehend how in a previous post I'd stated this entire thread was wrapped in tin foil. Hence, this entire conversation is simply an exercise in futility. I'm simply here for the giggles. Thanks for providing some ;)

I hardly live in fear, but I also am aware of what's going on.

Carry-on with your bad self though, you've thoroughly impressed me that you'll be a survivor.

Ah, I see. Since you said it to someone else earlier in the thread, and I skipped over it like I usually do the comments from you and a couple other simple chuckleheads on our great forum here, IT IS SO!...:theatral:

Glad you could get some giggles in while spouting nonsense at least. Gotta practice that I'm sure. Thinking you're clever while making a fool of yourself is definitely worth some laughs for someone anyway... :laughing:

Last edited:
Ah, I see. Since you said it to someone else earlier in the thread, and I skipped over it like I usually do the comments from you and a couple other simple chuckleheads on our great forum here, IT IS SO!...:theatral:

Glad you could get some giggles in while spouting nonsense at least. Gotta practice that I'm sure. Thinking you're clever while making a fool of yourself is definitely worth some laughs for someone anyway... :laughing:

So....how does it feel having all us "Chuckleheads" living rent-free in your head? :laughing:

We went 3 weeks without power because of an ice storm. After the first week I bought a generator, and will never be without one again. Life without power is cold and dark. Generators were being stolen at a terrible rate. Some of the railroad crossings and stoplights had generators stolen multiple times. One poor sumbich woke up cold but could hear his generator running, he goes outside to find his push mower running in the spot his generator should have been. We didn't descend into total anarchy, but you had to guard your power if you wanted to keep it.

Thanks for the reply puddin-pop

Since I retired from the internet trolling scene for real life, and never trolled on sites I actually appreciate, I'll let you have your little amateur victory today and let you get your last pointless word in.

You should go to 4chan or something and get some lessons though. Subtlety is the key junior.

Enjoy

So while I generally don't subscribe to the "post apocalyptic" "zombie apocalypse " or really "TSHTF" scenarios.....i pause and watch the news of the inner cities pre "TSHTF" and im thinking ok maybe i can see it afterall. IMOif your not armed, someone will take what you have from you and you won't have to worry about saving anything.

Too many people thinking they can just have what's your now, let alone when the SHTF.

Diversify your investments
that safe looks like someone can bust it really fast with a punch and a sledge hammer. IDK? because I write this youtube has a video of a safe cracker busting safes open lickity split punch and sledgehammer. but then again maybe its a safe thats not easy to get into. :laughing: anyway nice collection. have you seen the collection of guns from charleton heston little museum. I was like wow!:shock:

Shoot, took Police and EMS 45 minutes to make it to my neighbors house when he chopped his foot in half with a chainsaw. We live 5 minutes from town(small about 1500 people). But we are not in the village so town police and emergency will not respond to my area. They instead send state troopers, which could be anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour away. I NEVER count on someone else coming to my aid. This is one of many reasons we own firearms, if something were to happen no one will be there for us.

I have a buddy who lost half his foot to a forklift tire run over accident...He is quite proud of telling ladies he meets he has a "Foot and a Half"...:laughing:

In a SHTF situation , if it lasts longer than a few weeks all the animals will be gone. Millions of people with the same idea , hunting and eating or hoarding everything that moves , it wont be long until insects and earthworms are all that's available. People better be able to defend themselves or they will become a valuable food source.

I dont believe that...back during the Depression this was true, folks had some skills...but not anymore...most folks have no idea how to catch anything let alone what to do with it if they did!

I dont believe that...back during the Depression this was true, folks had some skills...but not anymore...most folks have no idea how to catch anything let alone what to do with it if they did!
I’m a firm believer in this also. Millions would die of starvation. People are too dependent upon ‘just in time’ delivery of food to markets...shoot, they can’t even garden if their life depended on it, let alone know what wild foods are edible.

I’m a firm believer in this also. Millions would die of starvation. People are too dependent upon ‘just in time’ delivery of food to markets...shoot, they can’t even garden if their life depended on it, let alone know what wild foods are edible.

Exactly. The average person doesn't even acknowledge that their food comes from somewhere. They figure it just appears on the shelves and will continue to do so.

Most estimates I've seen come up to about 75% of urban residents would parish in the first month or so. Hell, even the "Country folk" around my rural area consists of very few who could trap, hunt, clean or cook an animal any more.

Finding and purifying water....? :laughing:

If I may be so bold as to recommend a couple books.

"Wildwood Wisdom", Ellsworth Jeager, ISBN; 0-936070-12-9, first published in 1945

"Complete Book of Outdoor Lore", Clyde Ormond, , no ISBN, sixth printing, 1966, (likely out of print).

Even the hated Nettle is edible, and the first book tells you how to cook it.

But I digress. We're getting off on a tangent from the OP's original request.

Roger

If I may be so bold as to recommend a couple books.

"Wildwood Wisdom", Ellsworth Jeager, ISBN; 0-936070-12-9, first published in 1945

"Complete Book of Outdoor Lore", Clyde Ormond, , no ISBN, sixth printing, 1966, (likely out of print).

Even the hated Nettle is edible, and the first book tells you how to cook it.

But I digress. We're getting off on a tangent from the OP's original request.

Roger
What are these things you call “books?”

The fish and wildlife service says there are atleast 101 million hunters in the US. It don't matter if the rest starve , if you have 101 million hungry people hunting, trapping, fishing , etc. the wildlife will be wiped out in just a short time. Its not sustainable , especially since harvest laws could not be enforced.

Back
Top Bottom