ATP sharpshooter?

goodtimecharlie

Elite Member
Is anybody running he NEL Sharpshooter on the AT Pro? I'm looking for a smaller lighter coil and was wondering how the Sharpshooter performed.

I tried looking for reviews on the Nel Sharpshooter for the ATPro a while back and couldn't find any. There are tons of good reviews for the Garrett 5X8.

In the thread posted above one member said he pulled the trigger on the sharpshooter and that he would post results and he never did. I pm'd him and he said he returned it.

At a group hunt this past weekend I talked to someone who said he has one but doesn't use it due to interference. He has a Nel Tornado that he says works great.

I have heard the nel hunter discrims same if bot better as the 5x8 and covers more ground

I tried looking for reviews on the Nel Sharpshooter for the ATPro a while back and couldn't find any. There are tons of good reviews for the Garrett 5X8.

In the thread posted above one member said he pulled the trigger on the sharpshooter and that he would post results and he never did. I pm'd him and he said he returned it.

At a group hunt this past weekend I talked to someone who said he has one but doesn't use it due to interference. He has a Nel Tornado that he says works great.

Can't find much on the sharp shooter, but I was really looking for something lighter and from what I have found sounds like the sharp shooter isn't any lighter.

I have 2 ATPs and one has a Sharpshooter and the second has the 5x8 coil.

I got the SS thinking it would be lighter than the stock ATP coil but it's not. About the same weight. BUT it does go deep and is a dime magnet. But be advised the VID numbers are different.

I think you'll really like the snake. Great separation and impressive depth. And at only 3.5" wide, it can get into some very tight places.

I just got a nel sharpshooter for my at pro and I love it. It's very well made and deeper than my stock coil. It takes a little while to get used to--- with the separation of objects and multiple tones.

It's a little heavy for the size. But it's so well made.

I use it in junky parks amd tot lots and love it. Try it plus they hold their resale if you don't like it.

It's deeper than the 5x8 Garret's

I just got a nel sharpshooter for my at pro and I love it. It's very well made and deeper than my stock coil. It takes a little while to get used to--- with the separation of objects and multiple tones.

It's a little heavy for the size. But it's so well made.

I use it in junky parks amd tot lots and love it. Try it plus they hold their resale if you don't like it.

It's deeper than the 5x8 Garret's

Does the sharp shooter seem heavier than the stock coil ( 11x8.5)? I did pick up a Snake and so far I like it real well for tot lots and trashy areas. I may pick up a Sharp Shooter or hunter later.

Back
Top Bottom