True-Temper Bliss...Now it's a digging tool.

boretti4blues

Elite Member
Well, I switched over from my Fiskers digging tool too my Ames True-Temper because it fits perfectly in my new sheath, it just feels good in the hands, and this tool is solid as a rock. I used it twice so far and I am very pleased with it. The only thing I did not like was the tip was a bit blunt for my taste and made it differcult to penetrate the ground intially. I just could not resist, I had to tweak this thing. A little grind down with the belt sander and presto. This digging tool is sweet now! I put a tip on it similiar to my fiskers and sharpen it up nice and sharp. I could not be any happier with the results.:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes: What a great tool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HH

Attachments

• pACE3-4103813dt.jpg
    pACE3-4103813dt.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 1,038
  • DSCN0706.jpg
    DSCN0706.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 1,035
  • DSCN0707.jpg
    DSCN0707.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 1,041
Very nice work. Looks pro.

I've had the Lesche and moved to the TT. Glad I did. That concave design is great and the handle is way more comfortable.

very nice. one thing i didn't like about the Ames was that rope cuttin notch, when i was using wired headphones it always seemed like the wire always somehow got caught on it almost hacking the wire.

I just pickep up one at the local ACE hardware, and as soon as I can I will be breaking out the grinder and sharpening it up. Great idea.

very nice. one thing i didn't like about the Ames was that rope cuttin notch, when i was using wired headphones it always seemed like the wire always somehow got caught on it almost hacking the wire.

Hey wait.:shock: That happened to me already once and I was embarassed to say anything. So I am NOT the only one.:D Good thing I bought the extended warrenty from Radio Shack. :extrahappy:

I saw on another thread where someone modified the fiskers and filled in the tip with stainless. Maybe the rope notch could be filled in the same fashion. Or just grind it out. :?:

Bought myself a True Temper a few weeks back, but i still keep going back to my Friskers cuz of the very same issue. I'm going to try the grinding thing, because other than the tip, i love the True Temper. Great Tip.

Bought myself a True Temper a few weeks back, but i still keep going back to my Friskers cuz of the very same issue. I'm going to try the grinding thing, because other than the tip, i love the True Temper. Great Tip.

That was reason why I did it. I really like the fiskers, but the handle on the Ames rocks, great design. Plus the strength, slight curve, sharp serated edge, scale, and it fits perfectly in my sheath I made from a craftsman plier holder. Bottom line it's a great tool, but lacking one thing a sharp tip, I grinded it down to form the tip like the fiskers, then sharpen it on a belt sander. It works great now. Stabs the ground perfectly..

i use this and really like them,,,,just got a leash for free and used it today,,,prolly gonna go back to the Ames !!!!

Take a look at this Ames on Amazon, Look at all the photos. It appears to fold up a weird way and comes with a case??? I wonder how strong it is????

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

Good Luck and happy Hunting :biker::digginahole::biker:

That's actually the one I have. The pictures are confusing. It doesn't fold up - the picture that looks like it's folded up in the sheath is actually just the empty sheath. The sheath has a plastic form inside it that takes up all the space not used by the actual blade.

The nice thing about it is the metal tamping end, which works well for packing dirt back into holes. The dumb thing about it is that the beautiful sheath has an entirely closed bottom. Given the plastic thing that takes up the extra space in the sheath, and the closed bottom, it means you can't readily get dirt out of it. Stupid design. I've been considering cutting the bottom off it, just to make it more useful...

The tool itself is fantastic, though. :)

Valhad

Back
Top Bottom